Tornado just missed us

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dverstra

Last Saturday several small tornadoes visited West Michigan. We had about 10 minutes of warning thanks to our warning sirens. I checked the news alert online and saw that one was coming our way. Another couple was visiting us with their motorhome that was parked in my FHU site next to the garage. Glad to be home and have a basement to shelter in. We sat in the basement and awaited impact. The power was lost and we turned on the flashlights. With no power to my wireless router, we lost contact to the weather station. The wind howled and there was a large THUMP outside the house. I thought that maybe the deck table and its canopy had blown over. Five minutes later we peeked out from the basement. The tornado had missed us but not some neighborhood trees. One of them was mine. It had missed the house. Phew!!

Attachments

• IMG_2147.JPG
    IMG_2147.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 57
Good to hear you're fine. I look at all the storms, tornados, and flooding and wonder if any members here were involved and how they made out. We keep praying for folks involved when hear of things like that going on.

Glad it missed the house and RVs but, check your paint!

Last year a tornado, only an EF-1 at 100 mph, flipped TTs and 5Ws at a park my MH was in. It did $23,000 in damage, mostly paint, to mine and took forever to get back on the road.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom