Ouray, Colorado August 12-19, 2017 Off-Road Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zmotorsports

Attention all Jeepers and off-road enthusiasts.  Hooray for Ouray!!!!  Sorry about that got caught up in the moment. ;D

Chrystal and I are going to host an rvforum rally at the Ouray KOA campground in the beautiful Ouray, Colorado (San Juan mountains) Saturday August 12 thru Saturday August 19, 2017.

We hope our many framily members and friends will come and join us and hopefully those we have not had the pleasure to meet yet enjoy off-roading will also join us.

Here are the details:
*  Ouray KOA.  They have about a dozen or so 50-amp sites left and another 8 or so nice 30-amp sites that are fairly close together so as a group we will be able to be in close proximity.
*  They are going to let us use the pavilion area for our evening happy hours.  This is tentative and I will have to reconfirm as the dates grow nearer.
*  The Bar-B-Que dinner will be over by then next year, however, the Creekside Cafe on site will be open for breakfast daily.  It is actually quite good and not too bad priced.

Here is a link to the Ouray KOA website if you have any questions.
http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/

I spoke to Debra on the telephone, her and her husband David are the owners and great people.  My wife and I have been going here for the past 8 years now and would like to share the experience and area with all of our friends.

If you are interested please call Debra at the Ouray KOA @ (800) 562-8026 and make your reservations ASAP.  They are already accepting reservations for next year and spaces will be limited.  I could not reserve any more sites than one so I implore that if you are even thinking about coming, please make reservations as soon as possible to at least lock in a site.

If you have any questions or I have not covered something please feel free to post here or contact me.

Also, once you make your reservations please post a reply on this thread and inform everyone that you will be coming and if you reserve a specific site, please let us all know what that site is as well.

Chrystal and I will be in site # 108 for the rally.

Thank you all and we should have a great time.

Mike & Chrystal.

We phoned after  hours tonight and hope to get a reservation! Stay tuned!
BB
My turn to plan what we do all  year!

I called today (Saturday, 8/27/16) to make a reservation for Sarge and I - but the owners weren't there and the woman answering seemed a bit baffled.  She took my name and number and will forward it to the owners  - when they return.  We plan to be there...there just appears to be a little hiccup in the process.  I will update if/when we get a call back. ???

RVnChick said:
I called today (Saturday, 8/27/16) to make a reservation for Sarge and I - but the owners weren't there and the woman answering seemed a bit baffled.  She took my name and number and will forward it to the owners  - when they return.  We plan to be there...there just appears to be a little hiccup in the process.  I will update if/when we get a call back. ???
We booked our reservations online and then called to follow up to see what site we were in. We are KOA members which saves a little bit of money.

Jeff and Anita said:
We booked our reservations online and then called to follow up to see what site we were in. We are KOA members which saves a little bit of money.

We are also KOA members....I can book on-line.  Did you mention the Rally in your on-line reservation comments?

Just made our reservation for the week, Gary and Darlene will be in site # 98.

Hey everyone, thanks for being so vigilant in jumping on board so quickly, this is going to be great.

One thing I do want to mention so there isn't any confusion, this is a Saturday to Saturday (7-nights) rally instead of the normal Sunday to Sunday style rally.  We will be departing on Saturday the 19th but those who wish to stay another day are more than welcome to do so.  The reasoning is because the FMCA 4-Wheelers Buena Vista rally begins on Sunday and I didn't want to conflict with that.

Thanks.

Mike.

John and Susan Beard are reserved via the interweb...but we're reserved in the Ouray, CO KOA...

Brewers booked on line , then  phoned and were told we had site 77.  Whoo hoo!  It is the same back in we  had this past  August!
We are KOA value Kard members.

Team LoLa , Larry & Loretta Dodd will be in site 99.  These 90's sites are
good ones.  Mike and Chrystal have the premier site, but it's their show so
I guess they should. . . .

Looking forward to Ouray again.  Black Bear was awesome. . . . .

I booked a site on the creek.  Not sure I'm going or not but it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.

8/13-8/17.  Some of us gotta work...  :D

Hey Mike, Diane reserved us a site and will hopefully get a site # today. Since we haven't been here before, how are the trails in this area? Hardcore, Newbie, or somewhere in between?

SargeW said:
Hey Mike, Diane reserved us a site and will hopefully get a site # today. Since we haven't been here before, how are the trails in this area? Hardcore, Newbie, or somewhere in between?

Marty, the trails are all over the board as far as difficulty but none in the area are what I would call "extreme".  The two hardest are Poughkeepsie Gulch and Black Bear and both are very doable with a stock or mildly built Jeep, especially with some good spotting.

Mike.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom