Ouray, Colorado August 12-19, 2017 Off-Road Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She will, too ...  Love her and miss going to the rallies she makes enjoyable just by her very presence.  And, yeah, Terry's kinda nice, too.  ::) :-*

:)) :)) :))

Margi is my biggest cheerleader.  I need to call her whenever I am feeling down.  RVForum friends are the BEST!

My heart is filled with the sound of music!!!!!  Just ask  anyone who Jeeped with us last summer!

Betty Brewer said:
:)) :)) :))

Margi is my biggest cheerleader.  I need to call her whenever I am feeling down.  RVForum friends are the BEST!

My heart is filled with the sound of music!!!!!  Just ask  anyone who Jeeped with us last summer!

Yep, between your singing and Cindy running through the flower filled meadows it was something.

Mike

I am really glad that we decided to rent a Jeep and join this rally.  Thanks for the encouragement to do so, Mike.  We are really looking forward to it as well.  Tell Jared some of us "old farts" would really like to spend a little time with him catching up. I would tell you he's a great kid, but somehow I think you know that.  Tell him I'm counting on some Jeeping pointers from him as well!  Anything to persuade him to join us!  See you soon!

Steve

Steve N Dee said:
I am really glad that we decided to rent a Jeep and join this rally.  Thanks for the encouragement to do so, Mike.  We are really looking forward to it as well.  Tell Jared some of us "old farts" would really like to spend a little time with him catching up. I would tell you he's a great kid, but somehow I think you know that.  Tell him I'm counting on some Jeeping pointers from him as well!  Anything to persuade him to join us!  See you soon!

Steve

Thanks Steve.  Chrystal and I are trying to talk him into using some of that well earned vacation time to come and hang out with us so hopefully we will be able to persuade him.

Mike

Steve N Dee said:

Steve

Steve, One does not merely rent a Jeep. After you enjoy a Jeep for a day on the trails, you'll be at a dealership soon. My Jeep just got a Savvy Mid Arm Suspension Upgrade installed. While you're enjoying Ouray, I'll be battling the Rubicon Trail.

John

We want Jared!  We want Jared!  We want Jared!  ;D ;D

ArdraF

Let's plan on a "Cook Your Own Meat" pot luck dinner.  Mike & Chrystal have agreed it's a lot of fun.

We can set up several grills for your use, bring your own meat (what ever you want) to grill and a
side dish to share.  We might have a dessert or two as well.  We can enjoy an evening together discussing
the day's events.  Most likely we will all be eating out a lot and at different locations, so let's plan on at least
one evening where we all set and dine together.  This is the easiest way.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in cooler geography.

John Beard said:
Steve, One does not merely rent a Jeep. After you enjoy a Jeep for a day on the trails, you'll be at a dealership soon. My Jeep just got a Savvy Mid Arm Suspension Upgrade installed. While you're enjoying Ouray, I'll be battling the Rubicon Trail.

John

My Rubicon will go into Discount Tire about mid July for 5 new 35x12.50xR17 KO2 tires.  It's only money.
By state law, you must do at least one upgrade to your Jeep every year or face ridicule. . . .. .

THEBigLarry said:
Let's plan on a "Cook Your Own Meat" pot luck dinner.  Mike & Chrystal have agreed it's a lot of fun.

We can set up several grills for your use, bring your own meat (what ever you want) to grill and a
side dish to share.  We might have a dessert or two as well.  We can enjoy an evening together discussing
the day's events.  Most likely we will all be eating out a lot and at different locations, so let's plan on at least
one evening where we all set and dine together.  This is the easiest way.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in cooler geography.

Thanks Larry.

The "grille night" was a lot of fun when we did it in Moab a few years ago when Chrystal and I hosted the rally and last year in Texas.  We will do it on a "light" Jeeping day when we can get back to camp and prepare side dishes.  Then a fun and relaxing evening of eating and BSing, like we already don't do enough of that. ;D

Mike

THEBigLarry said:
My Rubicon will go into Discount Tire about mid July for 5 new 35x12.50xR17 KO2 tires.  It's only money.
By state law, you must do at least one upgrade to your Jeep every year or face ridicule. . . .. .

I think that is a state law here in Utah as well Larry.  Although Chrystal has yet to be able to find it.  I think it is in the "fine print". ;)

Mike

zmotorsports said:
Thanks Larry.

The "grille night" was a lot of fun when we did it in Moab a few years ago when Chrystal and I hosted the rally and last year in Texas.  We will do it on a "light" Jeeping day when we can get back to camp and prepare side dishes.  Then a fun and relaxing evening of eating and BSing, like we already don't do enough of that. ;D
Mike
I am going to AK to fish for halibut and salmon in July.  I'm planning to ship fish to Montrose (assuming I catch some).  I thought it might be a great idea to have a "fish grille night" if there are any folks who would like some fish.  More to come after I get back from AK in mid July.

zmotorsports said:
I think that is a state law here in Utah as well Larry.  Although Chrystal has yet to be able to find it.  I think it is in the "fine print". ;)

I've been told it's not in the fine print, it's right in plain view....

J ust
E mpty
E very
P ocket

As explained to me by Betty Brewer!

Bill, sure hope you catch enough salmon and halibut for the rest of us!  ;)  Have fun in Alaska.

ArdraF

We've decided to stop in Moab for a few days on our way to Ouray.  If anyone else is going to be in Moab we made a reservation at Portal for four nights, August 8-11.

ArdraF

ArdraF said:
We've decided to stop in Moab for a few days on our way to Ouray.  If anyone else is going to be in Moab we made a reservation at Portal for four nights, August 8-11.

ArdraF

That sounds like fun Ardra, wish we could join you but we have to work right up until Friday.  Trying to take off a few hours early to maybe leave and get a few hours of driving under our belt on Friday evening just so we can get in at a decent hour on Saturday but won't know until we actually get to Friday what work looks like.

Looking forward to seeing everyone though.  I need my off-road fix, BAD!!!

Mike

ArdraF said:

ArdraF

We too are stopping in Moab and already have made a reservation at Portal.  I believe we will be there the 6th, 7th and 8th.  We are then going to see our friends in Aspen for a couple of days before we head to Ouray.  Looks like we may overlap with you on the 8th.  Perhaps a mini rally is in order?

Steve & Dee

Absolutely, Steve!!!  I just wish the overlap were longer.  We'll be in Richfield the night of the 7th and will drive to Moab the 8th so should arrive in the afternoon.  Dinner anyone??

ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom