Ouray, Colorado August 12-19, 2017 Off-Road Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zmotorsports said:
I understand John.  Keep us posted.

As for the Jeeper's Jamboree, have you been before or talked to anyone who has actually been to one of their rallies?  Several members of our local Jeep club went last year and were surprisingly disappointed in the Jeeper's Jamboree format and lack of organization.  They compared it to a "grown-ups rave party" as each night it was a drunken party with multiple occurrences involving local law enforcement having to get involved due to drugs and confrontations even up to and involving life flighting several people out due to being drunk and falling and getting injured.  We have some pretty hard partiers in our local Jeep club and they were very surprised that even on the trails people were drinking.  That is something that we do NOT tolerate nor allow in our local club while on the trails, if you want to drink afterwards fine but not on the trail.  Evidently one of the spotters were quite intoxicated while on the trail one day.

I'm not necessarily trying to discourage you John, I am merely reporting back from our local clubs recap on the Jamboree last year.  They had been so excited for a once in a lifetime trip and came back very disappointed in the whole experience.  It came up again at last month's club meeting about the registration and who was planning on going and no one wanted to.  They talked about teaming up with another club that goes more frequently and is familiar with the trail and going on our own rather than the Jeeper's Jamboree.

Mike.

Mike,

You're not the first to point out Jeep Jamboree's lack of organization. I am really torn, on one hand I would get to hang with my local club which would be great, and on the other hand I would get to hang with you guys, which would be great.

I have a feeling that we'll be in Ouray in August. It's been a while since we've seen the RV Forum group, and Steve F. needs to drive my Jeep (maybe)...

John Beard said:
Mike,

You're not the first to point out Jeep Jamboree's lack of organization. I am really torn, on one hand I would get to hang with my local club which would be great, and on the other hand I would get to hang with you guys, which would be great.

I have a feeling that we'll be in Ouray in August. It's been a while since we've seen the RV Forum group, and Steve F. needs to drive my Jeep (maybe)...

I understand John.  I wasn't necessarily trying to persuade you one way or the other, I just know our local club members that went last year were not only surprised by the event but also very disappointed and said they would not ever go again.  Don't want you to have the same experience, but I understand wanting to be with your club members.

Mike.

I apologize to Chet and Laurie, as I couldn't remember the last name.  I have updated it now.

Attendees list:

1  Beard, John & Susan      Oscar Mike
2  Billings , Ralph & Diane      Ralph & Diane
3  Sirota, Jeff & Anita  60  Jeff and Anita
4  Brewer, Terry & Betty  77  Betty Brewer
5  Weimert, Frank & Barb    95  FrankW
6  Wishard, Henry & Margaret  97  Henry Wishard
7  Beckers, Gary & Darlene  98  Becks
8  Dodd, Larry & Loretta    99  THE Big Larry
9  Weston, Diane & Marty    101  SargeW
10  Roscoe, Bill  102  Photog
11  Zuech, Mike & Chrystal  108  ZMotorsports
12  Starr, Dave    ?            DJStarr
13  Foster, Mike & Cindy
14  Falchini, Steve & Dee,  Steve N Dee
15  Fitzgerald, Jerry & Ardra,  ArdraF
16  Parks, Chet & Laurie,  Chet18013
17  Schneider, Lou    Lou Schneider

Mike.

Gary and I are planning to be there, staying at the KOA but don't have a site number.  Thanks Mike and Chrystal for setting this up.

Gary and Coleen Ferguson

taoshum said:
Gary and I are planning to be there, staying at the KOA but don't have a site number.  Thanks Mike and Chrystal for setting this up.

Gary and Coleen Ferguson

Awesome guys.  Glad you are going to be able to join us.

New updated attendees list:

1  Beard, John & Susan      Oscar Mike
2  Billings , Ralph & Diane      Ralph & Diane
3  Sirota, Jeff & Anita  60  Jeff and Anita
4  Brewer, Terry & Betty  77  Betty Brewer
5  Weimert, Frank & Barb    95  FrankW
6  Wishard, Henry & Margaret  97  Henry Wishard
7  Beckers, Gary & Darlene  98  Becks
8  Dodd, Larry & Loretta    99  THE Big Larry
9  Weston, Diane & Marty    101  SargeW
10  Roscoe, Bill  102  Photog
11  Zuech, Mike & Chrystal  108  ZMotorsports
12  Starr, Dave    ?            DJStarr
13  Foster, Mike & Cindy
14  Falchini, Steve & Dee,  Steve N Dee
15  Fitzgerald, Jerry & Ardra,  ArdraF
16  Parks, Chet & Laurie,  Chet18013
17  Schneider, Lou    Lou Schnei
18  Ferguson, Gary & Coleen  taoshum

Mike.

We will not be attending this great event. I have opted to do the Rubicon Trail with my local Jeep Club with the Jeep Jamboree during the same dates. I will be relinquishing our reservations at the Ouray, CO KOA. I don't know which site I have, nor do I know the Amperage. I was told my site abutted the creek.

If anyone in the Forum wants to take my site let me know today and we can coordinate. Plenty of time, no rush for me to cancel.

Sorry to hear that John.  Have fun and enjoy the Rubicon trail.

Updated attendees list:

1  Billings , Ralph & Diane      Ralph & Diane
2  Sirota, Jeff & Anita  60  Jeff and Anita
3  Brewer, Terry & Betty  77  Betty Brewer
4  Weimert, Frank & Barb    95  FrankW
5  Wishard, Henry & Margaret  97  Henry Wishard
6  Beckers, Gary & Darlene  98  Becks
7  Dodd, Larry & Loretta    99  THE Big Larry
8  Weston, Diane & Marty    101  SargeW
9  Roscoe, Bill  102  Photog
10  Zuech, Mike & Chrystal  108  ZMotorsports
11  Starr, Dave    ?            DJStarr
12  Foster, Mike & Cindy
13  Falchini, Steve & Dee,  Steve N Dee
14  Fitzgerald, Jerry & Ardra,  ArdraF
15  Parks, Chet & Laurie,  Chet18013
16  Schneider, Lou    Lou Schnei
17  Ferguson, Gary & Coleen  taoshum

It's getting closer, we are at least in the same year now. ;)

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year's holiday and will have a safe and prosperous 2017.

Mike & Chrystal.

As some of you may have been following some of the turmoil in the off-road community, there may be a fee associated with running some trails during our Ouray rally come August.  Technically we should not use the term "rally" because that word seems to be causing a whole lot of unrest among the anti-off road people.  To avoid any confusion going forward this August Ouray trip will be a "gathering" of RV friends seeing as how this is not by any stretch of the word an "organized event." ;D  However, even using the more politically correct terminology we may still have to purchase an off-road permit for the area during our "gathering" in August.

I will gather more information as it becomes available and as we grow nearer to August but I thought it worth mentioning that there may be a $25.25 permit that potentially will have to be purchased and displayed in each vehicle operating on these trails in the San Juan Mountains.

Thank you.

Mike.

Mike,

Most of the trails we use in Ouray area are county roads.  I'm not sure the fee will be applied to them.  I hope not.

Just an update to the list.  Ken & Sheila have been added (happily) and John Beard was removed (sadly) but we understand,
and oh yes, Added Louuuuuuuuuu.

Attachments

• Ouray Attendance.pdf
    129.9 KB · Views: 15
THEBigLarry said:
Just an update to the list.  Ken & Sheila have been added (happily) and John Beard was removed (sadly) but we understand,
and oh yes, Added Louuuuuuuuuu.

Larry,

We would love to be there but we are going to be in Alaska! We've already paid for the ferry on the north bound trip.

ken

Thanks for updating Larry.  Looks like a great group to take over the San Juan's in August. ;D

Mike.

Hey Mike, we are going to have cancel our attendence at the rally. We are currently RVless, and this has thrown our whole year out of whack.  We will be picking up a new Bus around July,  but we have commitments in Fl. already. We had site #101 if anyone is interested. 

We also are going to have to miss the Ouray Rally. We were in site 98 if anyone is in need of a site.

SargeW said:
Hey Mike, we are going to have cancel our attendence at the rally. We are currently RVless, and this has thrown our whole year out of whack.  We will be picking up a new Bus around July,  but we have commitments in Fl. already. We had site #101 if anyone is interested.

Sarge, sorry to hear that you and Diane won't be joining us. 

RV-less?  Did you sell yours and are upgrading?

Mike.

Becks said:
We also are going to have to miss the Ouray Rally. We were in site 98 if anyone is in need of a site.

Damn you Gary.  If you guys don't want to wheel with us any more just tell us. ;)

We're gonna miss you and Darlene in Ouray.  But we will hopefully see you in Moab if you are planning on attending the FMCA rally.

Mike.

Here is an updated attendees list:

1  Billings , Ralph & Diane      Ralph & Diane
2  Sirota, Jeff & Anita  60  Jeff and Anita
3  Brewer, Terry & Betty  77  Betty Brewer
4  Weimert, Frank & Barb    95  FrankW
5  Wishard, Henry & Margaret  97  Henry Wishard
6  Dodd, Larry & Loretta    99  THE Big Larry
7  Roscoe, Bill  102  Photog
8  Zuech, Mike & Chrystal  108  ZMotorsports
9  Starr, Dave    ?            DJStarr
10  Foster, Mike & Cindy
11  Falchini, Steve & Dee,  Steve N Dee
12  Fitzgerald, Jerry & Ardra,  ArdraF
13  Parks, Chet & Laurie,  Chet18013
14  Schneider, Lou    Lou Schnei
15  Ferguson, Gary & Coleen  taoshum

Thanks.

Mike.

SargeW said:
Yeah Mike, we sold and are waiting for the new one to be built.  The waiting is killing me!

I'll bet.  Glad to hear you are upgrading and I look forward to seeing it down the road.

We on the other hand decided to have ours painted so I am anxiously awaiting to get ours back and start using it for the season.

Hopefully you will plan on joining us next year as we generally head to Ouray every year for a week.

Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom