EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Sell or rent the SB  (Read 2636 times)

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: Sell or rent the SB
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:53 PM »
What about pay your neighbors to watch the house and sort your mail? Maybe hire a gardener to keep up the yard? For mail, we have a PMB and they forward our mail for just the postage cost. We look ahead and have our mail sent to General Delivery in a small town. Usually very easy. If you rent out your house, you'd have to put all your "stuff" in storage.

We really like the Allegro. It's 33'5" with 2 slides, it's the biggest we can put in our backyard comfortably.  There are a lot of things we would have done different had we ordered it direct from Tiffin, like a reclining love seat instead of the godawful uncomfortable sofa bed but we'll probably take care of that this fall. Look around and see what you like. Or join us in November at Anza Borrego 😊  The FMCA rally in Indio in January is also a good spot to "shop" and visit 😊

Wendy
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2016, 02:35:02 PM »
Wendy, while I reserve my right to change my mind, ;) we (Maria and Me, mostly Maria) have tentatively agreed to leave things as is and give full timing a try when we get the new motorhome.  If after a year we totally love it, and find a place(s) to relocate, we'll move in that direction.  For now, the idea of a 39 foot diesel is hard to get my arms around but we've found a nice one that would work well.  Will do a test drive next week and then who knows.  Biggest problem for me is storage when not in use, I simply don't want to keep my RV in a storage facility.  Like you and Mike, the most our limited space at the house will accommodate is maybe 34 feet.  Your Tiffin would be ideal. 

Keep us updated on Anza Borrego and FMCA.  Would love to get together with you and Mike in AB and if we don't have a new motorhome by FMCA, we might do what you and Mike did two years ago. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »
Thanks to everyone who responded to this post.  You have provided some excellent food for thought.  At the least, I feel more confident that we'll be in a good position when we go full time while leaving the house as is.  We'll have to fine tune a few things but for the most part, everything is in place.   
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2016, 05:48:15 PM »
Gary something to consider...While we  were still working we  had poor experiences with our RVStorage lots. They were expensive, inconvenient hours and  had damage done several times.  Our fix was to  rent a lot for a season in an RV  park in Brenda AZ ( just outside Quartzsite)  The seasonal rent  on the RV park was cheaper than  monthly storage rates.  We drove out to the rig every weekend in car.  I could  keep  refrigerator running in  RV and it was cheaper to run back and forth in car than in the  RV.  A bonus was many of our then full times friends were staying there.

We rented out a house for years and the damage done to it was immense. The property manager never checked inside the house.  Plus when we sold it we had to pay back all the depreciation we had  claimed   as it  was considered a business. Plus we had to take  the capitol gain tax hit as we had not lived in it  for the past 3 years .
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Becks

• ---
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 09:54:00 AM »
Betty, we have often thought of staying in Brenda. Could you tell us the name of the park you used.

Thanks, Gary
2006 Travel Supreme
Spartan 42FT Tag Axle
1040 watts of solar
2014 Jeep Rubicon/2003 Honda CRV

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »
Betty, we have often thought of staying in Brenda. Could you tell us the name of the park you used.

Thanks, Gary

Desert Gold
Betty Brewer

see where we are

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2016, 10:20:17 AM »
Betty,  looks like a nice place.  Too bad it's 5 hours from our home.  Still as they say, food for thought.  Average monthly storage here in So Cal is between $150-200 a month.  And that's when the motorhome bakes in the sun.  Covered is $250 and more.  Garaged can go for $10.00 a foot.  For that, I can build my own. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2016, 07:47:24 PM »
If you're only going for a year or two and the house is paid for, why not just keep it as is, store your "stuff" there, hire someone to check up on it periodically? And housing values in California are rising again, yes? If you find someplace you love while traveling, then sell.

Don't forget that even if the house is paid for there are property taxes, property insurance on a vacant home, utilities, lawn care, and in Minnesota snow removal.
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2016, 09:03:27 PM »
That is all handled by the agent.
Seiler,  I would like to hear about your real life experience renting out your S & B and your experience with rental agents? 
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 09:06:27 PM »
Seiler,  I would like to hear about your real life experience renting out your S & B and your experience with rental agents?
My agent was Peaches Whenchel in Ventura and she did a fabulous job.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
Life list of birds:
https://goo.gl/photos/xuP9zPD2KP2swN1g8
Grand Canyon photos:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2016, 09:35:56 PM »
Don't forget that even if the house is paid for there are property taxes, property insurance on a vacant home, utilities, lawn care, and in Minnesota snow removal.

I haven't forgot.  I'm reminded frequently.   ;)
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Hosted by Over The Network