2 A/C ' s or 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkey061403

My husband and I are looking at 30 ft bumper pulls with a bunkhouse and we were wondering if it is a good idea to get one with 2 A/C ' s or if 1 will be ok? We live in Texas and the heat gets over 100 in summer that is when we will do  the majority of our camping. Any feedback would be nice. Thanks.

2. Two.. to...too.    I have a small camper and added a 5000btu windows unit to the master bedroom.  o the difference

I would try to got a trailer that has two AC units, especially if you're using it in the south.

My toy hauler only has one AC unit and it runs constantly in temps above 80.  It's wired for a second unit but I haven't added it yet.

I live in Florida full time in a 32 foot class A with one A/C. After my first year I added a window A/C in the bedroom. So when I am in the living room I run the living room A/c and when I sleep at night I run the bedroom a/c. I never run both at once.

I'm in Texas and have a similar size travel trailer.  Two and it isn't even a legitimate debate.

I have a 34 FT TT and mine has 1 A/C.  I live in FL and see temps in the 100s as well.  It keeps it fairly cool but I wish I had 2.  I wouldn't think twice again about getting 2 units.  I have kids so during the mid day when heat is at it's highest our unit never shuts off partially because the kids are in and out all day.  But if we had two units it would be really nice. 

my toy hauler is 40 ft i have 2 and its wired for 3 this summer in 100 degree temps they kept it cool not cold so im adding a magic fan in the garage where its wired for the 3rd unit

Two. 2. II. One in the front + one in the back. Two. (Three's better.)

I see where this is going.  In a few years RVs will have air conditioners every 3 feet down the length of the roof.  Then a few years after that there will be two rows, then three, then they will find a way to put them on slides!  ;) ;D ;)

SeilerBird said:
I live in Florida full time in a 32 foot class A with one A/C. After my first year I added a window A/C in the bedroom. So when I am in the living room I run the living room A/c and when I sleep at night I run the bedroom a/c. I never run both at once.

You are not at all a reference for living normally ! El cheapo my friend, you are !

I'm a Texan too. We made the mistake of opting for one AC. After almost melting on one side of the trailer,  we immediately had a 2nd one installed. It's much cheaper to opt for it during the manufacturing phase.

Two, bay all means Two.. Many of our elected leaders and others try to convince us that Global Warming is a myth but every year for the last several years has set a new record as the Hottest Year, and hottest "Summer, Winter, Spring or Fall" on record..  Also I'm not sure if it's ended but for the last several days where I am we have set a new record for the most consecutive days over 90.

In short The globe is getting warmer, and the warmer it gets the more you are going to need that 2nd A/C...

OH, just for reference, on my Rig 37'7" I have ONE 15,000 btu at this time and if I can go 5 Degrees below outside. It is night time.. So I'm sleeping OK, but during the day it's gotten into the 90's often this last week.

New 2nd A/C on order, Installer on order, May arrive this afternoon (I hope) I'm tired of eating out.

Back
Top Bottom