Taking Grand Kids Into The Woods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Len and Jo

Three down and one to go. Taking our four older grand daughters camping -INTO THE WOODS! - this summer. Not roughing it to much - yet - since the NF campground we are taking them to does have showers but not electric. Taking the older teenager soon and she wants her own space. So dug out our Eureka! tent. Have not used it in years. We wore out one Eureka! Timberline and this was our second one. Got it within a few years of switching over to an RV. Ah they were great for canoeing in and camping. Those were the days my friends...we thought they would never end. Classic Timberline design but rugged enough with vestibule, to make it more aero, for winter camping (which we did not do). A "four" man tent that will be great for one teenage girl. I think the Alpine Meadows design was the high point for the Eureka! Timberline design line. This baby is still in as new shape, maybe we should take up tent camping again. Will talk to Joanne about that......someday. Maybe not.  Think we will stick with our van the Green TARDIS.

Attachments

• IMG_3886s.JPG
    IMG_3886s.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 39
There is no need to give it up.

I am 80 and my wife is 78, and we still tent camp.
We use our travel trailer as our base camp, and then kayak to inaccessible places like the Everglades National Park or remote camp sites in Alaska.

I must admit though that the nice soft bed and hot shower is always good to get back to

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom