1994 Chevy G20 Conversion Van - Child Seat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kspr030

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could help me with directions for properly locking on a more recent childseat in older car (1994 chevy van) with no anchors

I have the Clek Foonf and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAhJEjOGRjc&list=PLrGtZo7sfeNi6Oqq6Du1SlA0ugSf5WQrL&index=3

I followed every step but when you have a long rather sharp slow turn (instead of an abrupt break), the seat slowly tilts over and falls from the actual captain seat. So something is off ;)

Any better / more instruction links or other advice?

thanks

Kaspar

I have a 1995 g20 convention van to.    Sounds like your seat belt Isn't ratracting and locking the chair into position.    The step they left out. Works best with 2 people. Luckly a convention van is big.    After you buckle the seat in. Have a person push the car seat down into the captain chair.  Whial they are doing that you will go on the mechanism side of the seat belt and pull it out then feed the slack back into it so the belt sinches up nice and tight.  My wife being ever so safety person had me add a rachet strap just in case...... PS I'm so glad my kids are out of car seats

If you still can't get the car seat anchored    call you local police department.  Most have programs where you can drive to their office. And they will install the car seat for you.  Some will even come to you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom