Changing a table configuration into a dinette for added sleeping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mreno

So my wife and I are looking at buying a used coach and I am wondering how easy it is to change out the fixed table to a dinette, so that we can add additional sleeping space?  I see there are plenty of aftermarket dinettes that be obtained.  I am handy with a wrench so I am not concerned about the physical work needed, just unsure of the implications/concerns with doing so?

not that hard to do, I've seen plenty of used ones for sale fairly inexpensive too, might get lucky and be able to match your fabric color/pattern if your  patient enough.

One thing you may consider. If the table and chairs can be move out of the way that area is great for an air mattress. Since the dinette has to be broken and put back up any way it may just as easy to move the table and chairs out of the way. We are in the process of taking out the booth dinette and that's what we plan to do. Since we had a booth dinette the table was made for easy removable. My wife and I are the main users and the booth is just no comfortable. My son does use it so the sleeping space is needed. The booth dinette is also much smaller than the floor space area when removed. A full queen air mattress fits with no problem.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I may be able to consider hinging the table so it could folded down when an air mattress is used and folded up when dining in needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom