Volunteering on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The plunge

Hi all,
We have recently launched away from a defined community to one on the road. In the months leading up to our kickoff there was a ton of things to get done, the one that didn't was our desire to volunteer while traveling and figure out how to do it. We are approaching winter in a few months, heading south, flexible schedule. Antone have experience or a good organization to contact for volunteering in the communities you visit? My wife and I are pretty industrious and willing to do most anything (within limits).
Thanks and safe travels,
Gary

volunteer.gov  for nation-wide listings.

For communities,  find the biggest church in town.

Goodwill

habitat for humanities

senior center

YMCA

If you're going to be in Florida for the winter, Give Kids The World is always looking for help. I think they need about 1400 volunteers a week for all types of jobs. Do a search on line for information. They are a well run operation with a worthy cause.

Bross,
I looked it up, looks like a great cause but we won't be that far down this year. Good to know for the future.
Thanks

Join the Elks. We NEED volunteers!!!

A lot of people join the Elks because we have RV hookups at a lot of our lodges around the country. The normal cost is $20 to $25. 

A problem we see is people join just to use our RV facilities and never show up to help out on all the work that the lodge needs to be done.

Any lodge that you go to will put you to work...believe me.

And if they don't, then come to our lodge in Clovis, California and ask for Archie.  You best have your work clothes on!

All-
Thanks for the ideas. I've got a call into the local senior center where I am right now. I need to plan far ahead before we get to some of these places, looks like the Habitat/RV'ers is popular.
Thanks all and safe travels

Back
Top Bottom