Progress on my 75 Chevy Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrrRV

I started this adventure a couple months ago, let it sit for 6 weeks while I finished up the coaching season, got married and started the school year again. So I've been spending 3-4 hours a day for the past two or 3 weeks on it, the inside is nearly finished but don't have any pics yet.
This is where I'm currently at, only one coat of paint on the back sides of the camper so far. The front and rear are finished. I snapped the newest picture as I left my buddies shop last night.
I would list everything I've done so far, but you can tell with your eyes that It is coming along fairly decent.
I need to finish the paint job tonight, then add a little color to it this weekend hopefully.

Attachments

• IMG_3814 (1).PNG
    IMG_3814 (1).PNG
    176.1 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_4237.PNG
    IMG_4237.PNG
    175.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_3326.JPG
    IMG_3326.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 97
I've got the paint 95% finished now, a few touch ups left and the some detailing. I'm going to put a stripe down the side like the original, but not the same colors.
Last night I did some work on the roof with Eternabond Tape, that stuff is incredible. It rained this morning so we'll see how it held up when I get home this afternoon. Hopefully I hit the right area with it.
The interior is nearly finished right now and after new brakes and tires, it seems to be running like a champ.
It made it's maiden voyage last weekend to Iowa City from Des Moines, which is about 240 miles round trip. I had no issues with it. I just have some minor replacement stuff to take care of.
Among those, I need a new driver side wiper arm... I've been looking online, but not sure what to go with because I don't want to order the wrong thing. I'm calling junk yards today to see what they've got.... we'll see.

Updated pictures to come...

Here are a couple more of my rebuild that I have been doing. It is now very close to finished. I've done all striping painted by hand. I'm really happy with the way this thing has been turning out. May not be everyone's cup of tea, but I'm okay with that!

Attachments

• IMG_4352.JPG
    IMG_4352.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4353.JPG
    IMG_4353.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 47
If you provide the beer!
It was a lot of work, It wasn't awful by any means. Just very time consuming to make things turn out the way I wanted.
I'm very happy with where I'm at right now with it.

Back
Top Bottom