Wal-Mart Story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shayne said:
Wendy, if you want to allow trash wike that to walk over you, that's your choice. Others as well as I seved to protect us from being walked upon.   Just not my cup of tea.

May I point out that I served in the Army? So I also served to protect. Not the same as walking away from someone rude and stupid. I pick my battles and to me, someone pushing in front of you at Walmart and using bad language isn't worth a battle. JMO.

My mother has Alzheimer's and she is pretty much in her own little world most of the time.  We southerners don't hesitate to drag our crazy family out in public. ;D  I think Mama asked if I knew her, but she did ask what she wanted.  I told her she wanted my parking spot.  No point in rehashing the incident with her.

I can tell you one better both in YOU WON"T BELIEVE IT and in outcome

Remember, my office phone number used to be 9-1-1

Well, I got a caller, seems she was the new girlfriend of this guy,  His ex-girlfriend did not, to say the least approve of girlfriend 2.0 and wished him to return to version 1.0

So she gets in her car and parks along the router 2.0 will be taking, when she sees her pass she cranks up the weapon and starts pounding new girlfriend's car with her bumper.

This went on for some miles while I gave instructions to Girlfriend 2.0  Finally directing her into both the parking lot and the waiting arms of Redford Township Police. 

Now 2.0's window is open, I've got her and Redford Twp dispatcher in a 3-way and we are listening to 1.0 scream and holler AND TO THE POLICE OFFICER INSTRUCTING HER TO TURN OFF HER CAR AND PUT HER HAND WHERE HE CAN SEE THEM ON THE WHEEL.

Suffice to say one of the girlfriends got to go home well ahead of the other.

Not only was the old GF cussing out the new GF after ramming her car many times... She was doing it in the police station parking lot in front of the officer...  Hope she did it in front of the judge.  I know those judges, they can get real nasty real fast.

In the last couple of months several instances have been reported on TV where road rage resulted in shootings over a parking place.  Jerry and I have decided if someone wants our parking place that bad, they can have it.  It simply is not worth getting into a bad situation over something so utterly stupid.  It's better to just drive away.  Don't argue, don't say anything, and don't make any gestures.  Just leave.

ArdraF

I agree,  I do understand the underlying causes, it is somewhat complex and our leaders (both industry and government) are very much to blame for those underlying causes.

However each person decides how they will respond to those underlying causes (Which are many by the way) and if your decision is to take a gun and shoot the next person who does something you don't like... YOU ARE NOT ME

If you decision is to pray for those who need a bit of help... Well... Then you may well get cussed at.

But you made the right decision.

Thanks, everyone, for letting me share.  I was just appalled at the woman's behavior and needed to tell someone who would stroke my ego.  You all did quite well! :)

Yes, I agree that the chance of encountering dangerous people is the same regardless of the personal net worths of the crowd you're in.  The one thing I know is that by walking away last night, I did the right thing.  I can't imagine what my five-year-old son and my wife would have gone through if after waiting far too long for me to come back to the truck, they instead saw ambulances and police cruisers only to find out later I'd been shot.  Everything I do, I do for love of those two.  Oh yeah, and my dog too! :)

-Dave

Cougar: Reallly good thinking!  ;D

Your family loves you and needs you. That counts the dog, too. Don't make them wait to find out "how it went," someday, for nothing of importance!  :(

Ray D  ;D

Ray  you got it wrong by a long shot.  I just refuse to be pushed around.  It may be the death of me, but that's just me.  I won't look for trouble but will protect myself at all times.  I can't stand back and let it  pass .  Maybe the next person to be accousted by this stupid b==== is your Mother, wife  or daughter and harms her while during so.  Great now how would you feel.  Thaink what you want of me and my methods, but It won;'t happen to me, as long as I'm able to protect myself.  As for the gun theory, yep I've had them pulled on me, to which I'm pleased to say, they regretted it, and served time later.  I was just raised that way to protect myself and others, but take out the bad guy if necessary and don't be pushed around.  I still stand by it.

cougar3514v said:
I'm not sure if this post has any merit, but an experience I had last night has me a bit shaken up, and I knew you guys would listen. The reason I'm posting it here is because I think the experience is going to make me think twice about shopping at Walmart.

We're camping this weekend in Gatlinburg at one of our favorite campgrounds.  Somehow I lost our coax cable joiner so after dinner we went to, you guessed it, Walmart.  After picking up the joiner and a few other things, I went to the self checkout line.  I'm next in line, and I have to admit it, I was standing probably about 4 to 5 feet behind the person currently checking out.  It was pretty crowded and I couldn't get around the people in a neighboring line.

A woman stepped between me and the customer in front of me and began waiting as if she were next.  I was sure she just didn't see that I was standing there, so I made a comment that the line continued behind me.  She turned to me and began cussing at me with the most vulgar words I'm aware of.  She then threatened to "kick the living **** out of me."  I was astonished.  I wasn't sure exactly what I would do if she attacked me.  It was then that I saw her husband was bringing his cart around me so he could stand next to here.  He had a 2 or 3 year old little girl with him.  It didn't seem to bother the child that her mother was cussing and yelling at me.

I moved to another line, and as fate would have it, was able to check out at about the same time as the customers who cussed me. Okay, so here's where I think I made a bad decision. As they pushed by me I said, "I'll pray for you."  (Okay, I know, it was uncool, but I really had been praying for them.)  Needless to say, they continued cussing me as I walked into the parking lot.

Well, I think that the incident that started this thread and ones like it are probably going to start becoming more common.  I don't know whether it's a reflection of our society or the kind of people who are attracted by "low prices."  I do know that I'm going to start avoid going to Walmart for the same reason my mother told me to avoid certain areas of the city.  I'm just grateful that I left my wife and son in the truck.  Thanks for letting me rant.

-Dave

My response to the cussing would have been to yell "Security!  Security!" at the top of my voice.  I have a *very* loud voice.

John In Detroit said:
I can tell you one better both in YOU WON"T BELIEVE IT and in outcome

Remember, my office phone number used to be 9-1-1

Well, I got a caller, seems she was the new girlfriend of this guy,  His ex-girlfriend did not, to say the least approve of girlfriend 2.0 and wished him to return to version 1.0

So she gets in her car and parks along the router 2.0 will be taking, when she sees her pass she cranks up the weapon and starts pounding new girlfriend's car with her bumper.

This went on for some miles while I gave instructions to Girlfriend 2.0  Finally directing her into both the parking lot and the waiting arms of Redford Township Police. 

Now 2.0's window is open, I've got her and Redford Twp dispatcher in a 3-way and we are listening to 1.0 scream and holler AND TO THE POLICE OFFICER INSTRUCTING HER TO TURN OFF HER CAR AND PUT HER HAND WHERE HE CAN SEE THEM ON THE WHEEL.

Suffice to say one of the girlfriends got to go home well ahead of the other.

Not only was the old GF cussing out the new GF after ramming her car many times... She was doing it in the police station parking lot in front of the officer...   Hope she did it in front of the judge.  I know those judges, they can get real nasty real fast.

A recent similar incident (I think here in California) resulted in the death of one of the women in an "accident."  I put that in quotes, because to me accidents are unintentional occurrences, but that did not seem to be the case in this reported incident.

Irv

Shane: Not sure what I got wrong, but I still think you're a great guy. That, I didn't get wrong.  ;D I'm sure of it!

And, I appreciate folks who won't be pushed around. Sometimes, I'd just like to find one! But, when it matters, sometimes they are scarce. Can't find 'em!  :(  I think you would come forward, in a stinky situation. I'd appreciate that. If you think I was kidding, I wasn't. I hate just passing by disgusting behavior, but now and then, that's what I have to do.

Just make sure that when you are putting your personal safety on the line - you do it for a worthwhile purpose. There are people who care about that, besides you. Be nice to them - stick around.  ;D Someday, maybe we can talk about holding a place in line, and what it's worth. Hope we meet. We may have more in common than you think.  :D

Ray D  ;D

Thanks for the kind words RAY.  I was just taught to protect at all costs and I do.  And don't let someone push you around and I don't. Hurt me, my familly or friends, you better eliminate me cause somewhere I'll get you.  Ask the wife of an ex-boss of mine.  You can['t ask him cause he's not around any longer.  It was his doings cause we wouldn't talk, just threats.  I prefer to let things ride until they push and then it's a NO NO and Shame on them.  But that's just me  I don't exspect nor request anyone else to step in.  I always have handled my own problems and only step into others problems when the abuse or advantage is out of line.  Not proud of it, but it';s cost me a wee bit of time in cuffs until things where straightened out.  Guess I just have a good defense crew.  Hate to see people Crapped on.

Irv when it comes to what you refered to as an "Accident" (With quotes) I agree

If someone rams your car on purpose that is no accident. and their accident insurance should not pay  THEY SHOULD and you know those rules about "Double Jepordy"

Well they should pay double.. Crminal for damage to your property and/or reckless endangerment of your life

Civil for the same,  Consider not only the damage to your property but your life was threatened, at least a million dollars worth of threat in my opinion (Which will get you a cup of coffee if you add in the cost of a cup of coffee +Tax and tip)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom