New shower head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvan

Hi! I would like to upgrade our shower head. I have seen several mentions of oxygenic brand here on the forum. I would love to hear about your experiences, what models are good, etc. I am especially looking for something with a pause button that won't be cold when you turn it back on. Thanks in advance!

The oxygenics works good except for the pause button it doesn't shut off completely, and it's a twist nob so it's not very convenient. I used mine with an on demand water heater.

I like our Oxygenics a lot. My basic shower was too anemic to easily rinse my hair, but the Oxygenics solves that problem.

BTW, the pause button isn't supposed to turn it off. The idea is to leave a dribble of water coming out to keep the temperature constant when you turn the water back on. It works on some RV, depending on their plumbing. It doesn't work on mine; the water is super cold for 5-10 seconds when I "unpause". It has worked on some other units I had in the past.

We bought an Oxygenics a few years ago.  I took one shower with it and put the old head back in.  I'm a tall fellow, (6'4") and water splashed over the top of the shower stall getting things wet that shouldn't get wet. If we had a full height enclosed shower, it would be great.  Forceful water stream, nice spray pattern, etc., but it just didn't work for us.

I have the RV Spa model with the Smart Pause button. It works great. Mine doesn't have a twist knob, it's a button type valve.

UTTransplant said:
I like our Oxygenics a lot. My basic shower was too anemic to easily rinse my hair, but the Oxygenics solves that problem.

BTW, the pause button isn't supposed to turn it off. The idea is to leave a dribble of water coming out to keep the temperature constant when you turn the water back on. It works on some RV, depending on their plumbing. It doesn't work on mine; the water is super cold for 5-10 seconds when I "unpause". It has worked on some other units I had in the past.

One of our members recently posted a cure for this cold water problem. He would install check valves on both the cold and hot water pipes at the shower valve assembly. I can't verify whether it works or not. Hopefully he'll chime in or some one else who tried this fix and gives us the results.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm leaning toward the spa model as well.
Oxygenics 26481 BodySpa Shower Head, Brushed Nickel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5MU9MW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pe2YxbWM29HPY

Rene T said:
One of our members recently posted a cure for this cold water problem. He would install check valves on both the cold and hot water pipes at the shower valve assembly. I can't verify whether it works or not. Hopefully he'll chime in or some one else who tried this fix and gives us the results.

The check valve cold blast cure continues to work very well for us in our coach, and I highly recommend it to anyone that's annoyed by the problem. On the shower head replacement topic, we replaced the OEM handheld shower head last year with a Camco 43712 we bought on Amazon for about $11. We've been quite pleased with spray quality, and the shut-off valve does completely shut off the water with no continuous dribble.

Have used one in every 5th wheel we have owned...........would not be without one.

I just sdded an in line shutoff when I added Oxygenics to my last MH. About $10 at Lowes as I recall (push button side to side).

Ernie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom