Southern Utah Parks Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MWowner

We will be leaving to see some of the the Nat. Parks in southern Utah in the next couple weeks. It looks like alot of the parks are fully reserved already for rv camping. This is our first trip to just take off without reservations and I was just wondering will we regret it. We are willing to boondock occasionally.

You will have no problem getting a space in most of the parks. At Zion be at the South Campground at 8 am and you will find a place. People leave early and there are no reservations. Same thing at Bryce and North Campground. Capitol Reef and Canyonlands rarely fill up this time of year. Arches only has one campground, Devils Garden and you will need reservations there.

There are hundreds of "parks" in Utah, the trick to beat the crowds is,,,,,don't go where the crowds go.  Utah is a large area with many secondary roads throughout the state that will take you around the edges of the national and state parks, and some of the more scenic areas I might add. We and friends are leaving on wed. to do just that for a four day trip during the MIDDLE of the week up through the west center of the state and back around and down through the east center to return home to Cedar City, no reservations needed.>>>Dan

This time of the year, most parks should be open.  Weekends will be difficult but for first come first serve parks, getting there on Thursday should solve the problem.  We stayed at Willow Wind RV Park, which is Hurricane, Utah.  It's a Passport America park so for a few days it is half price (requires annual membership).  It's within 15 to 20 minutes of Zion and will most likely have availability.  There are other private parks in the area.  Take a look at RV Park Reviews.  http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/utah/hurricane

Thought I would give an update on our trip to Utah. Went very well, but we found we needed reservations for campgrounds everywhere. After we barely got in the first campground at Moab we pretty much lined everything up for the rest of the trip. Staying in the parks themselves was virtually impossible. We found all the parks were very crowded for late Sept., early Oct. Also, I couldn't believe all the rented motorhomes we saw, and a lot of them were rented by people from other countries. We had a great time, but you just have to be very patient with the crowds and traffic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom