Furnace blows fuses.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Browning42

Tried using the propane furnace this weekend and we would wake up to the fuse on the panel blown. Kind of a pain as it's going to get colder soon and we want to keep on camping. It's a brand new Fifthwheel, what could cause it to blow fuses overnight?

Well I don't know about overnight, but I had that problem show up after sitting at home for a few weeks. Turns out mud dobbers had gone in thru the outside air vents and built a nest in the fan housing. I pulled the unit out far enough to work the fan by hand and knocked the nest out. Solved further intrusions by installing round screens over air openings available at Camping World and other RV dealerships. Hope this helps.

I will state I've never had the problem Tom mentioned......Yet.... but Well.. Had it in other places.

The Furnace includes a motor (Blower, dual blower actually) and if this is starting to bind due to any of several issues the current starts going UP.. ONE of those issues is low battery voltage... Others are mechanical.

Plus you have wires in areas that both get hot and move (Vibrate) so intermittent shorts are possible.. Actually these are often easy to find,, Just look for places where wires touch metal.

It's brand new.  Start with the dealer fixing under warranty first.

Might get more answers if you posted this 5th wheel problem in "Technical Talk" rather then "Vans".  If it is brand new for sure talk to the dealership where you bought it.

Back
Top Bottom