EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: coleman popup roof rotten help please  (Read 780 times)

shane.roy81

coleman popup roof rotten help please
« on: September 05, 2016, 10:08:00 PM »
So I just bought an 84 Coleman sequoia and im pretty sure i got ripped off......... aside from that when i got it home my wife and i started to do a little renovating and i realized the wood paneling inside of the roof around all 4 sides was completely dry rotted from either age or rain damage at some point. I am a do it yourself kind of guy but lack the space in a garage to pull the roof off and repair it myself. It seems like it was 1/4 or 3/8 in plywood and it is glued to the inner Styrofoam. the roof as well as the base also seems a bit wobbly when you move around in the camper. Not sure if my leveling jacks are losing their grip on the subframe......... Does anyone have a general idea on how much it would be to have the inside of the roof framework replaced??? and help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I hope i didn't just purchase more than i bargained for.   

JaySal

• ---
Re: coleman popup roof rotten help please
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 05:14:14 PM »
I'm pretty new to campers but I just bought a tent trailer that had a rotten side of the roof.  Rain damage at one time completely rotted the side.  Not knowing anything about camper repair, I bought the trailer and replaced the side.  I didn't take the roof off I repaired the side while still attached to the trailer.  I can tell you the sides are 1/2 plywood and not that difficult to replace.  It took me maybe 6 hours to remove the side, clean everything up and install a new piece of plywood.  I didn't do the roof part but from the sides it looks like the roof on this model was 1" thick and from what I've read online i think its just strips of 1" with foam in between.

Its a lot of time and not very much money, the hardest part I found was stripping all the rotted plywood from the aluminum side.

Hosted by Over The Network