coleman popup roof rotten help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shane.roy81

So I just bought an 84 Coleman sequoia and im pretty sure i got ripped off......... aside from that when i got it home my wife and i started to do a little renovating and i realized the wood paneling inside of the roof around all 4 sides was completely dry rotted from either age or rain damage at some point. I am a do it yourself kind of guy but lack the space in a garage to pull the roof off and repair it myself. It seems like it was 1/4 or 3/8 in plywood and it is glued to the inner Styrofoam. the roof as well as the base also seems a bit wobbly when you move around in the camper. Not sure if my leveling jacks are losing their grip on the subframe......... Does anyone have a general idea on how much it would be to have the inside of the roof framework replaced??? and help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I hope i didn't just purchase more than i bargained for. 

I'm pretty new to campers but I just bought a tent trailer that had a rotten side of the roof.  Rain damage at one time completely rotted the side.  Not knowing anything about camper repair, I bought the trailer and replaced the side.  I didn't take the roof off I repaired the side while still attached to the trailer.  I can tell you the sides are 1/2 plywood and not that difficult to replace.  It took me maybe 6 hours to remove the side, clean everything up and install a new piece of plywood.  I didn't do the roof part but from the sides it looks like the roof on this model was 1" thick and from what I've read online i think its just strips of 1" with foam in between.

Its a lot of time and not very much money, the hardest part I found was stripping all the rotted plywood from the aluminum side.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom