Road trip: LA, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Yellowstone, Denver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NivagSwerdna

Hi

We are in the preliminary stages of planning a road trip to the US...

Basically we would start in LA (visit Disneyland, and the usual tourist places), then Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, then Monument Valley (and/or Bryce), up to Yellowstone and finally finish in Denver.

It looks do-able on a map but I understand that the US might be a lot bigger than I imagine (certainly bigger than my island)

Do you think that is feasible in 16 days?

Thanks
Gavin

That is a 2000 mile trip without any side trips. Basically you would not have much time to really sightsee. If it were me I would eliminate Las Vegas and Yellowstone and save those for another trip. That cuts it down to 1200 miles. Yellowstone is positively gigantic and most people take five days to a week to see it and still don't see much. Same for the Grand Canyon.

In addition to SeilerBird's good advice, figure you'd need at least 5 days in southern California; 2-3 days visiting Mickey Mouse, 1 day visiting California Adventure (next door to Disneyland), 1 day for Universal Studios, 1 day for a narrated bus tour.

We see so many UK/European visitors want to cover as much ground as possible, but they don't stop to smell the roses.

This from someone who lived in the UK for 32 years and made a number of trips to California, before moving there 36 years ago and playing tour guide for countless family and friends visiting from the UK. Hopefully others will jump in with their perspective.

BTW what time of year do you plan to visit?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom