Ceiling Carpet on 94 Tioga Arrow Class C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tljasj

We are giving our 94 Tioga Arrow a little love and painting the inside. It's making the ceiling look really dirty. Cleaning it is not working.  Is it possible to paint it. If so, anyone have any recommendations? If I remove it, what will I find underneath.  This ceiling is curved so I would prefer not to put ceiling squares on it or anything else that is flat.

Probably a thin sheet of luan plywood underneath. Any fabric would curve with the ceiling.

Here are a couple sources for replacement ceiling "carpet".

http://www.all-rite.com/ceiling-fabric-c-69.html
http://www.rvpartsnation.com/rv-interior/rv-headliner/rv-headliner/

Welcome to The RV Forum!

Part of the ceiling treatment's job is sound absorption.  When I was building audio control rooms, even a single surface covered with a sound absorbent material (versus 2 or more hard surfaces facing each other) was enough to break up surface echoes in the room.

In an RV, substituting a hard surface for the ceiling carpet will make the interior sound more "live".  Road noise and other ambient noises may increase.  Like being in a bathroom with all hard surfaces versus a carpeted room.  Especially if you've replaced the floor carpeting with another hard surface.

Painting the carpet is the same as replacing it with a hard surface.

Thank you all for your input.  I think the best is to live with till we can replace with new carpet.

I had a bunch of stains in mine,mostly at the edges from the leaks before the roof was replaced, figuring it couldnt look any worse  I took a spray bottle and put about 8 oz of clorox commercial bleach then filled it with water, shook it up real good and sprayed away, let it sit for a few minutes then used the shopvac to get it all out, some areas had to be done more than once, I never went back and used plain water on it to rinse or anything like that and so far, did it months ago, there is no more stains and the bleach didnt take any color out, wish I had saved the pictures of before and after it was an amazing transformation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom