water pump issues -maybe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike L

I have a 2012 Keystone Springdale camper. Mostly we have been using full hook-up sites. Went to use the pump this weekend and it didn't pump. Sounded like it was working but did not pull water from full on board tank.Battery fully charged, I made sure inlet was clear and primed pump - still did not work.
completely removed pump and disassembled. Finding nothing wrong, I reassembled- Now it works.
OK great but how do I make sure it keeps working.
Any ideas?

Mike L said:
OK great but how do I make sure it keeps working.
Any ideas?

Don't shut it off?  :eek: ::)  I had to. Sorry.
Are you sure you didn't have any sediment in the filter screen?

Air in the lines, or maybe a clogged inlet to the pump? Does it have a screen on the inlet - some pumps do? Campground water supplies often have a lot of sand or even small gravel that can clog things up.

If I remember right, a big IF, the pump may have simply had loose screws, so the diaphragm did not draw properly.  Simply taking it apart and reassembling, properly tightening screws may have been all it needs.  Next time, try just tightening the screws??

grashley said:
If I remember right, a big IF, the pump may have simply had loose screws, so the diaphragm did not draw properly.  Simply taking it apart and reassembling, properly tightening screws may have been all it needs.  Next time, try just tightening the screws??
Thanks for all the feedback, Now that you mentioned it, I remember thinking the pump assembly wasn't that tight. I just put it on securely after I re-assembled.
Definitely something to keep an eye on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaderic
Back
Top Bottom