Residential Refrigerator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wincom6

When my Norcold 1210 needed work I decided to replace it with a residential refrigerator.  I decided to have the work done by Cruising America RV in Celina Ohio.  I called Kevin Mallory, the owner and scheduled the work to start on September 8th.  I had work done by Kevin before and had full confidence in his shop to do a good job. Kevin recommended the Samsung RF18 this is a 18 cu. ft. counter depth ?French Door Refrigerator?
By about lunchtime on September 9th our Motorhome was ready and my wife and I were excited to get a look at Kevin?s work. The fit and finish were outstanding. The installation looks as good as the residential refrigerators I have looked at in new motorhome. My wife and I are very pleased with the workmanship but most of all I am very pleased with the ease of dealing with the owner of the shop instead of an employee of a major RV dealership. I will try to post a few pictures.

Attachments

• 444r.jpg
    444r.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0016r.jpg
    IMG_0016r.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0003r.jpg
    IMG_0003r.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0005r.jpg
    IMG_0005r.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 111r.jpg
    111r.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 87
The freezer door has a lock, you can see it on the side of the door but he only uses Velcro on the double doors. I?m thinking that the double doors will not come open under normal driving but the velcro is just in case of a very hard turn.

wincom6 said:
The freezer door has a lock, you can see it on the side of the door but he only uses Velcro on the double doors. I?m thinking that the double doors will not come open under normal driving but the velcro is just in case of a very hard turn.
The refrigerator doors Will come open when/if you rock your way into an uneven entry or street  :( . Speaking from experience when I forgot to fasten the doors closed (Velcro strap). I recommend always closing and securing...amazing what mess a busted Dr Pepper can makes after it rockets across the floor. And yes, I also had travel bars across the shelves inside.

bobsharon said:
The refrigerator doors Will come open when/if you rock your way into an uneven entry or street  :( . Speaking from experience when I forgot to fasten the doors closed (Velcro strap). I recommend always closing and securing...amazing what mess a busted Dr Pepper can makes after it rockets across the floor. And yes, I also had travel bars across the shelves inside.

Thanks for the good advice, I'll be sure to use the Velcro.

Back
Top Bottom