EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Magnadyne RV5090 stereo, where can I get an optional IPod cable?  (Read 880 times)

m2carb

Magnadyne RV5090 stereo, where can I get an optional IPod cable?
« on: September 12, 2016, 09:23:53 AM »
Greetings,

While looking through the manual for our RV5090 stereo, I found that I need an optional IPod cable to connect my IPod to the stereo. I know I can connect via Bluetooth, but I want the cable so the stereo will control the play lists and the IPod will charge.

Anyone know where I can get one? A Google search shows cables for the Jensen stereos but nothing comes up for this unit.

Thanks,
Chris L. - in Vermont

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
Re: Magnadyne RV5090 stereo, where can I get an optional IPod cable?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:34:26 AM »
Looking at the RV5090 online, it has a pair of Aux In (L/R) sockets. If you go to amazon.com and search on "ipod to stereo adapter" (or cable), you'll find several.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

m2carb

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:43:48 AM »
Thanks Tom,

That is an option, but I do not think it will control nor charge the IPod like the IPod cable for the unit. I have contacted Magnadyne since my posting and am awaiting a reply from them too.

In the attached picture, it shows the optional cable, and the red arrow is pointing at the connector on the back of the stereo.

Chris L. - in Vermont

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 09:58:37 AM »
Apologies, I missed the fact that you wanted to charge the ipod.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

m2carb

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 01:33:57 PM »
No problem Tom,

I did hear back from Magnadyne, they sell two cables on their web site, and these are for the older 30 pin I-series devices. My IPod is an ITouch Gen 3 uses the older 30 pin connector.

Just in case someone else needs to know what cables, there are two, one is 6 feet long and the other is 13 feet long. On the Magnadyne web site they are MAGNADYNE RV5-HAR6 | 30 PIN I-SERIES CONNECTION HARNESS 6 FEET LONG and Magnadyne RV-HAR13 | 30 Pin i-Series Connection Harness 13 Feet Long

I ordered one of each, thanks for the help, and hopefully this info will help other folks.

Chris L. - in Vermont

Hosted by Over The Network