Magnadyne RV5090 stereo, where can I get an optional IPod cable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m2carb

Greetings,

While looking through the manual for our RV5090 stereo, I found that I need an optional IPod cable to connect my IPod to the stereo. I know I can connect via Bluetooth, but I want the cable so the stereo will control the play lists and the IPod will charge.

Anyone know where I can get one? A Google search shows cables for the Jensen stereos but nothing comes up for this unit.

Thanks,
Chris L. - in Vermont

Looking at the RV5090 online, it has a pair of Aux In (L/R) sockets. If you go to amazon.com and search on "ipod to stereo adapter" (or cable), you'll find several.

Thanks Tom,

That is an option, but I do not think it will control nor charge the IPod like the IPod cable for the unit. I have contacted Magnadyne since my posting and am awaiting a reply from them too.

In the attached picture, it shows the optional cable, and the red arrow is pointing at the connector on the back of the stereo.

Chris L. - in Vermont

Attachments

• IPOD cable, RV5090.jpg
    IPOD cable, RV5090.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 17
https://www.amazon.com/iPod-Dock-Connector-USB-Cable/dp/B0024UEVUO/ref=sr_1_4?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1473692029&sr=1-4&keywords=ipod+cable

Apologies, I missed the fact that you wanted to charge the ipod.

No problem Tom,

I did hear back from Magnadyne, they sell two cables on their web site, and these are for the older 30 pin I-series devices. My IPod is an ITouch Gen 3 uses the older 30 pin connector.

Just in case someone else needs to know what cables, there are two, one is 6 feet long and the other is 13 feet long. On the Magnadyne web site they are MAGNADYNE RV5-HAR6 | 30 PIN I-SERIES CONNECTION HARNESS 6 FEET LONG and Magnadyne RV-HAR13 | 30 Pin i-Series Connection Harness 13 Feet Long

I ordered one of each, thanks for the help, and hopefully this info will help other folks.

Chris L. - in Vermont

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom