Battery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RVoorhis318

Batteries are charging while towing the fifth wheel but not when  connected to shore power any thoughts please ?

Rob VanVoorhis said:
Batteries are charging while towing the fifth wheel but not when  connected to shore power any thoughts please ?

Rob,
With the RV plugged into shore power, check the output of the convertor at the battery posts. You should get  13+ volts. Check it with a digital meter if you have one. Do you have a circuit breaker in your entrance panel dedicated for the convertor? Has that tripped? Switch it off then back on.

Rob,

It is possible that there are one or two circuit breakers or large amperage fuses mounted right on the converter itself or on the power centre panel. They are there to protect a converter from being damaged should the batteries be connected backwards momentarily but they can blow at other times as well. If there is no 13.2 volts DC at the battery terminal, check these fuses/breakers.

Alfa38User said:
Rob,

It is possible that there are one or two circuit breakers or large amperage fuses mounted right on the converter itself or on the power centre panel. They are there to protect a converter from being damaged should the batteries be connected backwards momentarily but they can blow at other times as well. If there is no 13.2 volts DC at the battery terminal, check these fuses/breakers.
I'm going to get a volt meter, I checked breaker it was fine, fuse good for converter, the only fuse I still need to check is the one between the converter and inverter. I'm home plugged in to shore power but I checked everything and it doesn't look like charging is happening.... Ugh, I hate electrical issues.......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom