Storage of Outside TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

troyi

Our RV did not come with an outside TV or outside storage compartment for a TV.  We have decided to get a dish installed so that we can watch football without inhibiting our travel plans.  We would also like to have a TV that can be set up for outdoor viewing, but question where it would be stored when not in use?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I wanted an outside TV and our unit did not have a mount but did provide a Cable outlet and power. Our Carbon 31 has a fiberglass  shell so I bought a product called GOstik you can look up on line.
It basically is a suction cup that sticks to the sidewall, I have a 40" LCD TV I carry for outside usage. Works great and people always ask how I do this. Second I bought from them a inside mounting bracket for 15.00 to use inside. This allows me to hang the TV on the wall of my Garage when not needed and travel safely down the road. It just lifts right off and than I sit on the Suction cup mount and in less than a minute I am waiting TV. I will say that the GOstik products are not cheap in price but when you compare what a TV mount will cost it helps defer the cost a little. Great product and really works good on a solid surface so hope this helps.

Thank you much for the insight.  I anticipated putting the TV on a table outside but like the idea of hanging it from the sidewall.  The problem I have is transporting a TV as I believe you are supposed to keep them upright to keep them from breaking.  Thanks again for your input.

That's why I purchased another bracket to hang the TV in the Garage of out Toyhauler. I mounted it low so it is out of way and I just lift it off when I am ready to watch TV outside. It travels mounted to the wall out of the way. I had another TV I was using and putting it in a Tub flat and you are correct I started having lines on the screen after a few trips, must be the vibrations, Now it hangs Vertical until I need it and lifts right off for the outside. You could even hang the TV in the bedroom and watch it while in bed or take it off and put it outside.Take a look a the Gostik website.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom