FMCA Rally in Chander, AZ March 7-10, 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dream Chasers

We have registered to attend this Rally.  It was recommended to us as new RVers and some neighbors thought we would really enjoy it.  One of them mentioned getting there early.  But then what?  Where do we go?  Do we just park outside the venue and wait?  He said something about when you get there early then you get to your space early.  Not sure if he meant a few days early or just a few hours, but really think he meant days.  Very confusing.  I wrote to FMCA but no response.  Any insight?

As new RVers you will indeed  like this rally.  Lots of  information available!  We too have registered and we have  been to MANY MANY of  these rallies. Chandler area will be a first for us.  Typically when  you register you will get a  packet assigning you to a specific day and time  (am or pm) for your arrival.  They do this to ensure traffic flows  well.  We  often  go in  early and the  registration  packet you will receive in the mail shortly before the rally begins may give you those details.  A day or two early is the most we ever consider as they  may not yet be set up to park RV's .  All this is done  by volunteers.  We do pay for the  early days. None of the  venues will be open early, nor will there be any scheduled activities.    We don't find we  get any preferential treatment for  early arrival.  In fact one  year the  early people got parked the farthest away of anyone. Guess they filled in the lots from the back.  One reason to go in early is if you are meeting friends and want to use the holding area to gather up.  Often they will tell you to gather up before hand and arrive at same time as friends in order to be parked together.

When  you arrive they have a "holding area" where you may  park until your designated time or to pick up a last minute packet.  Our experience has  been that there are really good signs all around directing you to the  parking areas.  Follow the directions in your registration  packet as they often have several entries into a venue and want  you to come  a specific way.  The specific details  are seldom available quite this early before a  rally.  Hang in there and watch your mail closer to  the rally  time.
You may also  keep checking  the FMCA website for information.

Well I  like  your anticipation!  I'm glad you started this thread so those of us  going to  Chandler  March 2017 can keep in touch and maybe  meet up!
Betty

One of the fun events that they will have is a chapter fair. If you do not belong to a local chapter there will be people there from all the represented chapters to give you information on their chapters and try to recruit you as a new member. This is a great way to find a local chapter you might like to join.
As to going in early I think one day or two(sometimes it depends on the what the venue allows) is a good idea as it helps beat some of the congestion of all the coaches coming in and it gives you some time to relax and explore the area before you get busey at the rally.
I am currently at the FMCA 6-State rally in Shawnee Oklahoma. We came as a group of 20 coaches. You have to notify them beforehand if you want to be parked together and come in together. We met up at a location off site and unhooked our toads before entering the grounds to speed up the parking process.
Bill

We don't have a group unless you all would like to make one.

I posted on the Destinations & Routes asking about best route to take from Dallas to Phoenix. This would be from Feb 27th to Mar 7th, the first day of the rally. So now that the suggestions above say 2 days early is best, then we would have 6 days to drive there. We are wondering about taking I-20 to I-10 or go a little out of the way through Oklahoma City. Anything really great not to be missed along either route?

We also registered for the generator section. Looking forward to meeting all of you. I enjoy reading all of your posts. Hope you don't mind us joining in your reunion.

We received some good advise on the Destinations section.

Dream Chasers said:
We don't have a group unless you all would like to make one.

I posted on the Destinations & Routes asking about best route to take from Dallas to Phoenix. This would be from Feb 27th to Mar 7th, the first day of the rally. So now that the suggestions above say 2 days early is best, then we would have 6 days to drive there. We are wondering about taking I-20 to I-10 or go a little out of the way through Oklahoma City. Anything really great not to be missed along either route?
Where are you coming from? I would stick to the southern route that time of the year.
What I recommended was to check with The venue and FMCA to see if you can get in early. I like to get in early to have some time before it gets hectic. 
We need to set up  a forum meet and greet.
Bill

Betty Brewer said:
Well I  like  your anticipation!  I'm glad you started this thread so those of us  going to  Chandler  March 2017 can keep in touch and maybe  meet up!
Betty

You can't hide! I'll find you.

MaryAnne and I will be there also. We signed up for the electric section though. This is our first FMCA Rally even though we have been members for a few years.Hopefully we will meet a few of you in Quartzite first though.
Dave

Jomo said:
Do you have to be a FMCA member to attend this rally?

Actually, you do not have to be an FMCA member BUT there is an additional registration fee for non-members that equals the cost of a one-year membership so you might just as well join.

I don't even seem to find any information on the FMCA site about the rally.  Perhaps you have to be a member to get this info as well.  My husband would like to attend so we will probably end up joining.

Back
Top Bottom