Fuel Pump Class A Glufstream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajkish

Hi recently tried to start my motor this winter with no luck.  It appears read to turn over but will not.  All the batteries are charged and the fuses all checked out.  Is it the fuel pump or something I am missing that I should check first.  Any help would be greatly apprieciated. 

Andy.

Andy, I think you need to provide a little bit more information. 

What type motor - gasoline or diesel

What brand, model and year of RV

Is the fuel tank full

How long has it been since the engine last ran

If gasoline engine, is it fuel injected or have a carburetor

With some of this information, you should get some suggestions as to what the problem may be.  Also you may receive some request for other data to help resolve you problem.

Rex

Andy,
You say it 'appears' ready to turn over but does not. What do you mean by 'appears'? If you turn the ignition switch to start but it doesn't turn over, the fuel pump is not even on the list of possible causes. Number one would be battery. If you get a fairly loud and  rapid clicking noise but the engine won't turn over, that would indicate a bad battery, connections,  or very low charge. If you get NO noise whatsoever, check the battery connections themselves both at the battery and the starter, or the starter solenoid may be frozen (corroded) in place and unable to engage the starter motor and contacts. Turn on your headlights while trying to start it. Do they dim considerably and still not turn the motor over? Probably a bad starter motor or Bendix drive. Try a few of these things and get back to us with the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom