Leaving the RV lifestyle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
It has come time for us to leave the RV lifestyle behind. My wife Nancy's medical needs (weekly chemotherapy) has made it impractical for us to roam freely, so we end up driving the coach somewhere and parking for the summer. Maintaining an expensive rig for that just  doesn't make financial sense, so we will be putting the coach up for sale when we return home to Florida in early October.

We still plan to get away from home, so with that in mind we have booked a furnished rental cottage for four months next summer.  It's in Black Mountain, a scenic village about 15 miles east of Asheville, NC, a town we enjoy very much.  It's across the road from Lake Tomahawk park in the village, so a nice location that will hopefully compensate a bit for the lack of RV living style. It's gonna seem strange, though!

A sad, but very understandable, decision to have to make Gary. But an exciting new chapter, spending summer in a rental cottage. Looking forward to reading about that experience. Meanwhile, we continue to wish Nancy the best with her continual fight and the issues surrounding treatment.

Gary

As a cancer survivor, and with all too many in our family and friends group fighting cancer, I know what a challenge it is.  I wish you the best and hope that this will be the start of some new adventures for you both.  I have always enjoyed reading your posts and it has been a learning experience for sure...I hope to read many, many more of your posts!!  Good luck to you both!!

Maury

Geez I am sorry to read this, though certainly understandable.  I wish you both well and hope this new chapter does not bring an end to your valuable input on this forum.  Best wishes.

So sorry to hear both items.  Wish Nancy the best and both of you good luck in your new adventure.  I do hope you remain with the forum as you provide an abundance of knowledge.

Please know that there are thoughts for your wife, and for you too.

I am new here but do relish and admire all of your posts.

Good luck to you, and especially your wife.

Corky

So sorry to hear about this difficult decision.  I hope the next chapter in your life brings you the same enjoyment that the RV has.  Prayers for you and Nancy as you go forward.

best wishes to you and your wife.
will you still frequent the boards, your knowledge of, um everything, is a real good thing around here.
If you need any assistance with anything I'm not to far from Black Mountain.

Best wishes to you and your wife Gary. Thanks for your knowledge in the past and I hope you're able to continue participating in the forum in the future.

Our prayers are going out for you and your wife. Beyond that, I can't think of anything to say that hasn't been said.

Gary you have and I'm sure will continue to be a mine of useful information to everyone on here. I do wish you and your wife all the very best for your future adventure! Big hugs to you both as it can't have been as easy decision.

I'm sorry things have gone this way for you and Nancy, but it seems you've found a work around of sorts. Hope it works well for you, and you know you've got lots of framily here for you, Gary

Gary,

Your decision is certainly understandable. The lucky purchaser of your Tradition will get a gem. Of that, I am absolutely certain.

Your contributions toward resolving my dilemmas with the Allegro Bus (and the old Pace Arrow as well) were always right on and were most sincerely appreciated.

I wish both of you the very best in the future.

Dianne

As a newcomer/lurker here, just wanted to wish you and Nancy all the best.  Appreciate your insight and contributions here, and hope good things are waiting further on up the road. 

Gary,

Very sorry you had to make this decision, but it certainly makes sense. Sheila and I wish both of you the best and hope to visit you again in the future.

Take care,

ken

Gary, I am truly sorry to hear this but fully understand your decision as my wife is battling the demon as well. No chemo yet but surgery will shortly tell the tale. I have enjoyed your posts and your wealth of hard earned knowledge. All the best to you and Nancy, keep your chin up and don't forget your friends here.

Our best wishes to you and the wife Gary.  We are really happy that you have found a suitable alternative to the RV and I hope we continue to see your valuable contributions to this forum.

Bill & Joan

Gary,
Thank you for all your help here on the forum. Good luck to you and your wife.

T.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom