Leaving the RV lifestyle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our Thoughts and Prayers for the next chapter in your lives!  You and Nancy have been waging the battle successfully so far and still going strong.  We're  looking forward to your insights into your latest adventure.

Hi Gary,

I only saw this post today.

I am so sorry to hear about your wife's battle.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's battle with cancer.  All the best to you and your wife.  Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Gary and Nancy,

We haven't been on the Forum much over the last few months so I too am late seeing this news.  We've shared so many wonderful times going back to your trailer days and our Lazy Daze!  I'll never forget that great caravan a group of us took where we camped in that neat canyon.  Such fun we had.  You and Nancy have both been important contributors to the RV Forum and we'll really miss seeing you both.  Nancy is an amazing person and a real fighter.  Please give her special hugs from both Jerry and Ardra.  Wishing you sunny skies, good times, and warm friends as you enter this new RV-less world.

ArdraF

Gary, best of luck to you and your wife. I know what you are going through. Keep everything positive.

I lost my mom March 2011 and my first wife May 2011 to cancer. 2 months apart. 

Sad news indeed.  (I also have doctors and cancer to disturb my lifestyle.)  Wish you and your wife the best and glad to hear you are staying in the forum.  I have learned much from you and enjoy your kindness and pleasant attitude on the forum.

Whoever buys it  will be getting a very well cared for coach, that's for sure. No 12+ year old coach is without some wear & tear, but I think mine is in exceptional condition.

Gary,
As a relatively new member of the forum I was shocked to see your post today. I have always regarded your replies and posts as the quintessence of class, humor and knowledge. That won't change I'm sure, glad to see you'll be continuing to post!

Our prayer's for God's blessings to be showered on Nancy and you as you go forward!

Keith

I am so sad to see this, i did not realize what you are both going through until i found this thread today after reading another that said you sold your rig. I will keep Nancy in my prayers and i wish the best for you both. You are a big inspiration to me and i will miss you. I am saddened to hear of this, bless you both,,bless you both.

Gary, Our prayers go out to Nancy and you.  I am a cancer survivor for over twenty years (two different cancers).  As a newbe, have learned a lot from you and the people who contribute to the Forum.  Hope your stay in NC will be fruitful and that you will be back on the road again soon, doing what you love.

We actually do pretty well, despite her health. We lose almost a full day to the chemo procedure every week, plus she has to rest frequently and suffers the side effects of the chemo in varying degrees, but by and large we still live a full life. We shop, go to restaurants, and travel, but it takes more planning and flexible timing. We are both determined to enjoy as much of life as is left to us.

As I said earlier, selling the RV was as much a financial choice as anything else. It was very expensive to own & use, yet our current lifestyle constraints made it hard to take full advantage of it. But we still keep all the priceless memories!

I too am very appreciative of the hard work you do answering all the questions here on the forum. I have learned a lot from you. Are you planning on attending the mini rally in two weeks in Lakeland? I know I would love to meet you and I bet everyone else would too.

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,101279.0.html

I am so sorry that I just now saw this Gary.  Our prayers go out to you and Nancy. 

I hope to continue seeing your posts on here and irv2.com as you are very good at helping others and wish you and Nancy the best in your future traveling adventures.

Mike.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom