Old Brit shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
... a term I haven't heard in a long time.

Another old one for you ... I listen to The Archers via podcast 6 nights a week  ;D

That show has been running for a very long time! I've never listened to it, too much like Coronation Street!

Aye, it was on the radio when I was a kid  ;D  Used to watch Eastenders twice a week until BBC America replaced it with Ricky Gervais (the office) over 15 years ago; What a piece of junk  :(

I wish I had a Brit sitting next to me while watching all the Monty Python episodes. They were hysterically funny and I didn't understand half of the humor. They would mention people, places and products I had no clue about so I would not understand the joke. Meanwhile the audience is on the floor. Same thing with Faulty Towers.

Change the channel ...

Meanwhile the audience is on the floor.

This audience would be on the floor covering my eyes and ears.

Same thing with Faulty Towers.

Slightly better than Monty Python, but not much.

Dad's Army was great in its day, but is now so corny!

Doctor Who ... oh no!

Also Till Death Us Do Part.  We would never have had All in the Family without it.

Tom said:
Change the channel ...

This audience would be on the floor covering my eyes and ears.

Slightly better than Monty Python, but not much.
;D That is funny. A lot of that humor was over my head too. Mind you, I bust a gut at This Hour Has 22 Minutes and my American friends give me blank looks.

I had a neighbor tun me onto "Keeping Up Appearances" a long time ago.  I haven't seen it in a long time now, but i used to enjoy that one once in a while......  The Bucket Lady was a riot.

not old, but DW and I got hooked on a Brit show called MI5 on Netflix.  I understand it was called "Spooks" over there.  We binged watched that one. 
Then later, we found one called "The Fall" that was well done.

Aye, Mr & Mrs Bucket (Patricia Routtledge and Clive Swift) played their parts very well, as did her BIL Onslow (Geoffrey Hughes) - the slob who spent all day watching TV and asking his wife to bring him another beer  ;D

Tom said:
Aye, Mr & Mrs Bucket (Patricia Routtledge and Clive Swift) played their parts very well, as did her BIL Onslow (Geoffrey Hughes) - the slob who spent all day watching TV and asking his wife to bring him another beer  ;D

Not a python fan either too sophisticated for me, the oh loves it. The films were ok.

Onslow  was on corrie too! Hilda Ogden's lodger.

The Fall was great loved it. The UK has had some good TV shows. I used to love Morecambe and Wise and the 2 Ronnie.

Used to like Benny Hill.
Spent 3 yrs in the UK, at RAF Greenham Common. South of Newberry. Loved the place.

I once heard that Benny Hill show was twice as long in the UK as the US version. It was said that they had to take a lot out due to censorship.

A Brit I worked with (I worked for British Telecom at the time) gave me about 100 hours of 'The Goon Show'.  Peter Sellers was awesome.  Hard to understand though.

Hard to understand though.

Not surprising, given the numerous Brit colloquialisms. A couple of 'goons' had "other careers":

Peter Sellers - career in movies.
Harry Secombe - known for his "golden voice" (as a singer).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom