Lake Tahoe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jth

I need to learn to ask much earlier about travels. This last minute asking isn't helping me at all. Any good RV stops around South Lake Tahoe? From there we are headed south in California. Any suggested sights on the trip toward San Diego?

John & Brenda, N. Myrtle Bch, SC

I would suggest driving around the lake entirely, it is a 75 mile stunning drive. Then head east on 50 and go south on 395. Exceptional beauty and not much traffic.

if you are asking about rv parks zephyr cove is very nice and central to south shore

After heading over the Sierras on US 50, there is a place called Amador, where we spent a week a few years ago.  It is in the heart of the original "Motherload" and a delightful area.  A little further south is Yosemite National Pak, considered by many the best National Park in the US.  Remember, CA is a large state with a whole lot to see and do.

Ed

SeilerBird said:
I would suggest driving around the lake entirely, it is a 75 mile stunning drive. Then head east on 50 and go south on 395. Exceptional beauty and not much traffic.

This is a stunning drive!  I would add a note of caution about HWY89 on the west side of the lake though.  It is one lane each direction and can narrow in places with switchbacks and steep drop-offs on both sides.  Not all, or even many, people would be comfortable driving a large vehicle here.

Mpyre said:
This is a stunning drive!  I would add a note of caution about HWY89 on the west side of the lake though.  It is one lane each direction and can narrow in places with switchbacks and steep drop-offs on both sides.  Not all, or even many, people would be comfortable driving a large vehicle here.
Yep steep drop offs on both sides. Go slow and there is no problem.

Back
Top Bottom