Utah Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roadhappy

Just got home from our Utah Vacation.  I love Utah!! 

We spent 4 days in Zion National Park and loved it.  We hiked a couple of short trails but our favorite was definitely The Narrows Hike.  Beautiful but a little cold on the feet.  So worth it though.

We then spent 2 days in Bryce Canyon.  So different from Zion but just as beautiful in its own way.  We hiked the Queens garden and really enjoyed ourselves. 

We then spent a day at the Grand Canyon.  It is so amazing.  Not enough words to describe the beauty of this place.  We were sad we only had one day there but we will visit again.

Overall a great trip.  Thinking next year we will go East along the coast and enjoy some seafood.

Robin

I will tell you a true story told to me by a ranger at Bryce Canyon. He had a tourist actually say to him that he was so excited. He was planning on breakfast at the Grand Canyon, lunch at Zion and dinner at Bryce Canyon.

We spent 5 nights and Sand Hollow State Park in Hurricane Utah.  Took about 30 to 40 minutes to get to Zion each day but we went into all areas of the Park so this was a good place to stay.  Enjoyed this State park.

We stayed at Bryce Zion RV park for 2 days and did not enjoy this place. Not level at all and the sites were on top of each other.  This use to be a KOA and we would not stay here again. 

Seilerbird, I can not imagine going through parks at that pace. 

Robin

Robin, sounds like you guys had a great time. Always so much to see and do in Utah. We got to Moab yesterday, and plan to stay for over a month. Enjoyed meeting you and Charles in Big Bend.

Robin,
I'm so glad you are getting  that guy out and about!  Utah is one of my favorite destinations for jeeping, hiking, gawking at scenery and enjoying friends we meet there.

Like Gary said seeing you in  Big Bend again was fun.  Hope to see you down the road.
Betty

Roadhappy said:
Just got home from our Utah Vacation.  I love Utah!! 

We spent 4 days in Zion National Park and loved it.  We hiked a couple of short trails but our favorite was definitely The Narrows Hike.
Utah has a lot to see. One of my favorite hiking / backpacking states. But I never did the Narrows thing. I have seen enough photos of it to know it's not my thing.  But  I have hiked all over the Zion high country. One of the toughest hikes I have been on is from Zion Canyon up to the West Rim Trail. All uphill, without even a foot of being level or down on all the way up. Hours of all uphill. Such fun! ;D And from there, hiked to Lava Point. Of course, I was a few years younger then!

I think my favorite spot in Zion is BearTrap Canyon and BearTrap Falls. I have been there several times (long hike from almost anywhere else).

-Don-  SSF, CA

I will have to look at the Bear Trap Hike.  Utah is such a beautiful State.  I really didn't think I would like it because I love the big trees so I was surprised to find that I'm crazy about it.  One day Charles and I will have a jeep and will probably love it even more.

Robin

Back
Top Bottom