Moose at Gros Ventre

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ken & Sheila

Site Team
Moose invaded our campsite at Gros Ventre in Grand Tetons National Park this morning.
We also had probably 10 of the moose paparazzi!

Attachments

• P1050532.JPG
    P1050532.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 68
  • P1050529.JPG
    P1050529.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 68
  • P1050525.JPG
    P1050525.JPG
    253.8 KB · Views: 68
Nice!  They must have been in hiding waiting for you when we were there.  Very nice campground we loved it!

Wow, what a photo op!  I wondered if it was close to mating season.  They were looking quite romantic.  ;D

Male and female moose never hang out together except during mating season. The rest of the year the female is usually accompanied by her latest offspring.

This guy had several gals hanging around.  We were able to just watch them right out the window and the best part was watching all the people running around them.   
Sheila

Great photos!  You should see plenty of bison there as well. Campground is often full of both breeds, especially this time of year. We once had to wait for a couple hours for a bison herd to move off the Gros Ventre entrance road. One bull decided to take a nap in the middle of the road!

Bison and Moose are all over the place. But generally you need a decent telephoto lens to get good pictures. These were as close as I wanted to be to them and I didn't even need much of my 8x zoom.
We've seen Bison, Moose and Bears in the 2 days we've been here. Didn't have my camera ready for the bears but they were right by the road. Stupid people were getting out of the cars and approaching them.

Those are great photos.  We saw two females at the front gate early in the morning one day and the lady in the office said there are moose around all the time.  It is one of the best campgrounds we have stayed in, a little bit more expensive than we expected but we had electricity at least and a great site in the A loop.  Hope you enjoy the rest of your time there, the Tetons are wonderful.  ;D

Thanks for sharing the great pics.  They were one of the animals we had hoped to see when we went to Yellowstone in May, that eluded us.  Hope we get to cross paths again soon.  We really miss seeing you guys.

Happy travels,

Steve & Dee

I am so jealous!!  We were there 2 years ago in Sept and hunted high and low for a dang moose.  We saw several bear but no moose. 
Maybe next time :(

Robin

Roadhappy said:
I am so jealous!!  We were there 2 years ago in Sept and hunted high and low for a dang moose.  We saw several bear but no moose. 
Maybe next time :(

Robin

We also saw some at Blacktail ponds overlook, park up and walk over to the viewpoint, there was a mum and calf just below us in the willow and we saw some across the river.  Went at different times of the day, had to use our binoculars though.  Good luck for next time.

Back
Top Bottom