Need a recommendation for caravans to Baja, Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

Charlie M

My wife and I are putting our travel plans together for when I retire in July.  One of the trips we would like to do is Baja, Mexico.  We are aware of 3 caravan companies (Tracks, Adventure and Fantasy) that have 25 and 32 day trips.  We would love to hear from people that are familiar with any of them.  We are not looking for endorsements, but rather comments from experience.

Charlie & Andrea
2005, 36' Seabreeze LX

Charlie and Andrea,

Have you been following Jeff Cousins' thread "The Cousins Mexican Adventure" under Trip Reports.  They're currently on a caravan and have just left the mainland for Baja.  Last year the Brewers did the same trip.  We did it many years ago with Tracks and loved it.  Whichever one you choose, you'll have a blast!

ArdraF

Charlie M said:
We are aware of 3 caravan companies (Tracks, Adventure and Fantasy) that have 25 and 32 day trips.  We would love to hear from people that are familiar with any of them. 

Charlie and Andrea,

As Ardra mentioned we did a caravan with Fantasy last year and will go  with Adventure Caravans to Yucatan next year.  We are taking this second caravan because we so admired our trip leaders.  They now work with Adventure.  All of the caravans go roughly the same places.  It is the luck of the draw I think as to your travel mates and your trip leaders.  We were fortunate on both counts.  I looked at trip inclusions like meals, side trips.  Some trips let  you go on your own to a pre assigned destination.  Others have you travel as a group.  We chose for the time we wanted to travel.  I  think all the companies  do a great job of offering a nicely paved way into Mexico.  I think Adventure is a well run and well funded company.  We did a 42 day trip to Copper Canyon with Fantasy.  Jeff is on the same trip with Adventure going to most of the same places. Have fun and let us know what you decide.

Betty

Thank you for the responses.  I would guess that they all have to be pretty good or they would not be around for very long.  It looks like we will base the company we choose around the dates we want to make the trip.  We are in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida so we need to plan our big escape from here, and the work place and start heading west.

Charlie & Andrea, and Angel our long haired Chihuahua mix

Charlie M said:
Thank you for the responses.  I would guess that they all have to be pretty good or they would not be around for very long.  It looks like we will base the company we choose around the dates we want to make the trip.  We are in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida so we need to plan our big escape from here, and the work place and start heading west.

Charlie & Andrea, and Angel our long haired Chihuahua mix

Charlie & Andrea:

As everyone had advised enjoy your trip! We have enjoyed ours immensely but as Betty mentioned it is more a function of the staff and the group you are with.

In Mexico the other thing to remember is stay loose! Things down here are an adventure; some that are planned. ;D ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom