How do I rewire tv to move from up above to side?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caique Lady

We have the typical setup in our Motorhome where the tv is located between the two seats up front.  I would like to take it out and put it on a stand along the passenger side which would be so much easier on our necks to watch tv.  Then we would make the empty space into storage.

How and what is involved to rewire for the new location of the tv?

Thanks.

There are several possible wiring scenarios. Is the TV hooked to a inverter supplied outlet? It could have a least 3 possible inputs. It could have coax, component and HDMI. All of which should not be a problem. They make longer cables for each. The power cord can be extend with the proper gauge extension cord. I left my front flat screen TV and just added one that is mounted under a cabinet across from the sofa. I concealed all the inputs in the cabinets and added an inverter outlet under the TV.

The tv needs 120v power outlet and a connection to its video sources, e.g. the antenna coax, and maybe satellite or DVD if you have those as well. You didn't describe what hooks into it, or how, so difficult to give much practical advice.

In any case, you need to provide at least an antenna/cable coax cable connection and a 120v power outlet at the new location. If you want to be able to watch tv without shore or genset power, that outlet also needs to be supplied via an inverter. Your existing tv probably is on an inverter circuit, but without more info (year/make/model of coach), we can't guess whether it is an inverter dedicated to the tv gear, or a general purpose inverter that serves some or all coach power outlets.

Caique Lady said:
We have the typical setup in our Motorhome where the tv is located between the two seats up front.  I would like to take it out and put it on a stand along the passenger side which would be so much easier on our necks to watch tv.  Then we would make the empty space into storage.

How and what is involved to rewire for the new location of the tv?

Thanks.

I've done exzact what you described...but what I did was also move the dvd to the tv location...  I ran the antenna co ax down the wind shield piller.... and brought it up from the floor so the tv would work...you have to do the same with the satalite if you have one.... also on the passenger side I had a 120 plug... the cabinette I set it on I put a 4 gang outlet in it so plenty of plugs for all the stuff

some times there is an antenna plug on the passenger side in one of the storage boxes,,,and also a 120v plug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom