EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RV temp monitor  (Read 755 times)

nikasdads

• ---
RV temp monitor
« on: September 25, 2016, 03:10:25 PM »
Anyone using a system to monitor the temp or power connection in your RV?  Our biggest concern is when we leave our dog in the RV, if the power or AC were to fail, we'd like to know while we are away.  Found a few online but they require a land line connection.  Need something WIFI or Cell based. 
Current:
2008 Winnebago Journey 39z
2005 Honda CRV Toad

Previous:
2004 Winnebago Minnie 32G

whiteva

• ---
Re: RV temp monitor
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
I am very happy with this:
http://www.acroflyer.com/images/Temperature%20Sensor.pdf

I also use a Straightalk hot spot instead of campground wifi.
Cheers
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 04:45:51 PM by whiteva »
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Shadeaux the black cat. Stop by for coffee or beverage

ItascaOK

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 06:45:57 AM »
This is what I use:   Motorola FOCUS 66 Wi-Fi HD Home Monitoring Camera

In addition to temperature, the video and sound monitoring come in handy. You can even talk to you pup. It is 120v, so you might want to plug it into an inverter powered outlet. I just figure if it is not broadcasting, the power must be out.  It uses a free website to interact, but I haven't had a problem with it in over a year. And I use it all the time. Of course we don't depend on campground wi-fi.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:49:42 AM by ItascaOK »
Mike and Rhonda
2003 Itasca 32v

decaturbob

• ---
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 05:45:20 AM »
This is what I use:   Motorola FOCUS 66 Wi-Fi HD Home Monitoring Camera

In addition to temperature, the video and sound monitoring come in handy. You can even talk to you pup. It is 120v, so you might want to plug it into an inverter powered outlet. I just figure if it is not broadcasting, the power must be out.  It uses a free website to interact, but I haven't had a problem with it in over a year. And I use it all the time. Of course we don't depend on campground wi-fi.

what do you use for wifi then if not using campground?
proud to have a 2008 Tioga 31M MH

legrandnormand

• ---
  • Retired and enjoying it since 1995
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 08:11:52 AM »
Anyone using a system to monitor the temp or power connection in your RV?  Our biggest concern is when we leave our dog in the RV, if the power or AC were to fail, we'd like to know while we are away.  Found a few online but they require a land line connection.  Need something WIFI or Cell based.

Just bring the 4 leg to a dog shelter !
Normand
Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada
2010 Gulfstream Independance, model 8367
2009 Smart Cabriolet

Hosted by Over The Network