Come See Yosemite, May 14-21, 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great to hear that you made reservation Allen and Suzanne. Looking forward to see you mates.
Jan and Olga

Allen & Suzanne,
  Glad to have you on board.  We look forward to meeting you.  We were just in Australia in November and spent time with Jan & Olga.  Looking forward to making more Australian friends.  If you give me your last name I will add you to the attendees list.  If you don't want to post it here, you can send me a PM if you prefer.

Cheers,

Steve & Dee

Chrystal and I were so looking forward to trying to fit this into our travel plans for 2017 but it looks like we won't be able to make it.

We will be neck deep into building our new shop and probably won't even be able to get the coach out and enjoy it until the latter half of the year.

We will be following along and hope to see a lot of pictures though so don't be stingy with them.  Yosemite NP is definitely on our list of places to visit and this would have been perfect to see it with a group of friends.

Mike.

Here is our latest attendee list adding Allen & Suzanne from Australia.  It's shaping up to be a great group.

YOSEMITE ATTENDEE LIST

LAST NAME              FIRST            SPOUSE/PARTNER              RV FORUM HANDLE                    HOME

Brewer                      Terry                    Betty                                Betty Brewer                      Arizona/Idaho

Falchini                      Steve                  Dee                                  Steve N Dee                      California

Flexitdriver                Allen                  Suzanne                              Flexitdriver                        Australia

Kuch                          Ken                    Sheila                              Ken & Sheila                  Arizona/South Dakota

Moloci                        Jim                      Jo                                    Jomo                                  Michigan

Roscoe                      Bill                      Corinne                            Photog                                California

Stalnaker                  Kevin                    Pam                                UTTransplant                        Utah

Stiskala                      Jan                      Olga                                Jan Stiskala                        Australia

As it has finally been a long needed wet winter in CA, the snowpack is excellent.  This translates into beautiful gushing waterfalls come May.  It should be the best in years.  I think we definitely picked the right year to go to Yosemite.  We look forward to sharing it with all of you.  See you in May.

Steve & Dee

Arch Hoagland said:
Gonna pencil this in on our trip calendar for next year which is still in the planning stage.

We're going to Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Colorado, Nevada and Arizona but haven't picked a departure date nor a route yet.

This sounds like a fun get together even though I've been to Yosemite about 30 times.

Arch,

If you decide to join us, let me know by posting here once you've made your reservation.  We would love to have you join us.

Steve & Dee

zmotorsports said:
Chrystal and I were so looking forward to trying to fit this into our travel plans for 2017 but it looks like we won't be able to make it.

We will be neck deep into building our new shop and probably won't even be able to get the coach out and enjoy it until the latter half of the year.

We will be following along and hope to see a lot of pictures though so don't be stingy with them.  Yosemite NP is definitely on our list of places to visit and this would have been perfect to see it with a group of friends.

Mike.

Mike,
  It makes us sad that you will not be able to join us, although we better than anyone understand when life gets in the way.  We know how much you wanted to come to Yosemite and we were looking forward to sharing the experience with you.  Hopefully we will be able to meet you there at some future time.  Since we are close, we go pretty often.  Give our best to Chrystal and Jared.  Good luck with the new digs.  We'll encourage everyone posts a lot of pics.

Steve & Dee

Thanks Steve/Jan.  We hated to have to miss this one but we will be there in spirit and follow along with the group's activities and pictures.

Mike.

Despite an earlier post indicating that we would not be able to make this rally, Mary Ann called today and made reservations for us from May 12 to May 19. Just couldn't stay away!

We need to leave on the 19th in order to be in West Yellowstone on May 21 so we can start work at the Grizzly RV park on the 22nd.

Look forward to seeing you all and joining in on the fun!

Don and Mary Ann

The west coast is still experiencing torrential rains and the snowpack is extremely heavy.  You all should experience the falls in Yosemite at their very, very most spectacular.  The Merced River will be roaring as well.

Tom and Margi said:
The west coast is still experiencing torrential rains and the snowpack is extremely heavy.  You all should experience the falls in Yosemite at their very, very most spectacular.  The Merced River will be roaring as well.
Just don't go swimming in it. It will be cold and fast. :eek:

looks like we are going for the treat Tom and Margi.

Don and Mary Ann I am looking for great time with you two as always. It is so nice to see old friends this year again. Yey.

gmsboss1 said:
Despite an earlier post indicating that we would not be able to make this rally, Mary Ann called today and made reservations for us from May 12 to May 19. Just couldn't stay away!

We need to leave on the 19th in order to be in West Yellowstone on May 21 so we can start work at the Grizzly RV park on the 22nd.

Look forward to seeing you all and joining in on the fun!

Don and Mary Ann

So glad you will be joining us, Don & Mary Ann.  I'll add your name to our list.  I was so disappointed we didn't see you at Grizzly last spring, but we can catch up in Yosemite.  Glad to have you on board.

Steve

SeilerBird said:
Just don't go swimming in it. It will be cold and fast. :eek:

Seiler is absolutely right.  This is a very swift, cold, dangerous river in a normal spring.  Could be deadly this spring.

We are planning on bringing our canoe, but not for the river! There are some nice reservoirs and lakes not too far away, or so friends tell me. We will just have to hope the water is warm enough to safely paddle in. We will probably spend another couple of weeks in the area before heading back to Utah, so we have time.

We kicked it around, but the timing just doesn't work for us. We have to be about 100 miles away from Yosemite the first of June when our oldest grandson graduates high school...but because of other things in life, we can't hang around for 2 weeks after the rally.
Sorry, folks...maybe another time.

Not that long to go. Olga and me have flight from Sydney booked. We are looking forward to see our old and new friends from forum. I am packing full suitcase of wine from Australia, just to make sure that we have the right stuff for happy hours.

Jan Stiskala said:
Not that long to go. Olga and me have flight from Sydney booked. We are looking forward to see our old and new friends from forum. I am packing full suitcase of wine from Australia, just to make sure that we have the right stuff for happy hours.

Jan, Chrystal and I are going to miss seeing you and Olga this year.  We hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your travels this year.

Mike.

zmotorsports said:
Jan, Chrystal and I are going to miss seeing you and Olga this year.  We hope you have a safe trip and enjoy your travels this year.

Mike.

Maybe we can have some mini rally close to your place Mike.

Jan Stiskala said:
Maybe we can have some mini rally close to your place Mike.

Sounds like a plan Jan.  We hope to have our shop done by June and we get our coach back from paint sometime in June and we will be able to travel again so we will have to plan a mini-rally sometime after that.

Safe travels my friend.

Mike.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom