Towing Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Torchbearer

I recently purchased a 2006 Allegro Bus.  It has a 400 diesel engine in it.  I have a 2 wheel drive Chevy Avalanche and a 4 wd Ford Expedition.  I was told that I probably couldn't tow my Avalanche because it is not 4 wd.  Is this true and do you guys think these vehicles are to heavy to tow.  I will be traveling form Tennessee to California later in the year going over mountains and all kinds of terrain?  Any advice is appreciated.  Thanks.

The Avalanche may be towable with the addition of a driveline disconnect device. Remco Towing will know and have the necessary equipment. They are trustworthy and won't try to sell you something you don't need.

Either of those vehicles should be well within the capabilities of your Allegro Bus in any kind of terrain.

You can't tow because it's not 4wd...  Ok, Ok, just when I think I've heard everything somebody comes out with another clueless claim and tries to pass it on to someone like you  and you pass it on to us.  Thanks for the laugh.

Whoever told you that.. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM

As the other poster said.  Check out the Remco Towing site, there they have lists of vehicles by manafacturer (They are spreadsheets) and you simply find your vehicle and it will say one of the following

Towable, no mods
Towable, remove fuse
Towable, With Lube Pump
Towable, With Axel Lock
Towable, With Drive Shaft disconnect

And in a very very few cases "Can not be towed safely"

But that last class is very small.  Many vehicles fall into two or 3 of the above groups.  Example, my towed they suggested a lube pump.  However I choose an axle lock as the lube pumps can fail, the axle locks,,, Well, the technology has been around as long or longer than I have and I have yet to hear of a failure.

Back
Top Bottom