Central Florida RV Parks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pat fowler

We are going to be in St Augustine,FL. the second week of November and then heading to Venice. We have a week or so to travel between the two and am looking for a pretty cool campground in  between, any suggestions would be appreciated.

We stay at Sanlan RV Resort in Lakeland FL and love it. It's very big and lots to do. Lakeland I believe has a population of around 110,000 so there's no shortage of places to shop and eat.

http://www.sanlan.com/

I agree with you about Fort Wilderness,we where there a few tears ago. I'm looking for a couple of new spots. Thanks, Pat.

If you're interested in seeing manatee, it might be a bit too early for them, but you might try Blue Spring state park in Deland, FL

Deland may be a stopping point on the return trip from Venice, right now I am looking for a point of interest on the way from St. Augustine towards Venice. Thanks. Pat.

I love nature, so I had a wonderful time at Hardee Lakes Park near Bowling Green.

Great hiking and biking, super nice rangers. Dog loved it, lots of wildlife and nature to see.

http://www.hardeecounty.net/Site/content/parks/hardee_lakes.html

What makes a campground "pretty cool" in your eyes? I'll bet it's different than what I or someone else might want. Wooded or open? Scenic views? Kids activities or play areas?  Bike trails? Convenient restaurants or shopping?

The original poster asked for Central Florida without specifying what type of park they wanted. So I threw in my 2 cents. I know oodles of parks in central Florida I have been to, just that Hardee Lakes was divine. I don't recall them having any sewer hookup but the dump station was convenient. Multiple lakes and abundant trails.

I am sure my idea of a great camp is way different than the majority, but that's just how life goes.

My ideal camp is large lots, a super short rule list,  tons of nature, trees, natural foliage, a water feature such as river, lake or ocean, trails for bicycling or hiking. A dog run would be heavenly. 

My pooch needs to run and I can't so it's a problem at times. Sometimes on lonely trails, I drop his leash and let him race about. A few parks I detour to go stay at because they have a dog pen where he can romp around off leash and race around playing fetch, his favorite game.

A weekly potluck would be my ideal form of solo "planned activity".

Full hookups are divine, but will settle for less and often do in order to have the nature factor. I don't care about TV reception or satellite placement. I have tons to do besides watch the idiot box.

Myself and my wife plus two small dogs are traveling in a 35' motorhome, looking for rv parks that have a little space and some points of interest within a reasonable travel distance. Would spend 4 or 5 days before moving on. We enjoy the beach and usually spend our couple of week trip around the ocean but now have the time to start checking out the interior of the state and don't know much as to where to begin. We will be in St. Augustine the second week of November and then heading to Venice to meet up with some friends that live there. Looking for a spot or two in between.

There is a lot of good fossil-hunting around the Hardee Lakes area - if you are into that kind of thing. The Peace River is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Back
Top Bottom