New start batteries cheap.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WILDEBILL308

This is just a heads up on a good, cheap price for start batteries.
I was at Freightliner Fort Worth Friday and saw they were still running their OEM (groupe 31) start batteries for $69.00. Should be at any Freightliner dealer.That is cheap, I bought two this spring. They weren't old stock just a month old.
Bill

Well that sucks. I just replaced both my Freightliner chassis batteries last week. I got them at one of my local Freightliner stores and paid $330.00 for both of them (total.) Are the batteries you're talking about the 1100 CCA Group 31 batteries?

Kev

I don't remember but I think they are just under 1000 cca. They did have the 1100 batteries there to and they were expensive. I really don't think you could tell the difference unless you were in sub zero temps.
Bill

Well now I feel a LITTLE better  :). Yeah, there was quite a difference in price between these batteries and the next ones down. When I called Freightliner to ask about replacements, they recommended the 1100 cca batteries for the 8.9 (OEM) and said if I had to go down, not to go more than 50 cca on each battery.

It was just funny, because when I read your original post, my wife and I started laughing. I've always been kinda jinxed when it comes to buying things (I'm not much of a shopper.) Cyndi can smell a sale across town and a month away, but it always seems like things go on sale right after I bought them for top-dollar. Maybe it's a cosmic balance.

Kev

Just keep telling yourself you got a better battery. I just happened to walk in and they had 2 pallots in the middle of the parts area.
Bill

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom