Verizon service outside of Quartzsite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john owens

Hello Group...sorry if this is an old topic but we plan on boondocking for the first time at the las posas BLM longterm camp grounds. Previsely we stayed at Hi Jolly. Wife needs cell service to work. I want the area about 5 miles south of the freeway so is the service any good there?? Thanx!!

Hello John,

We've been to Quartzsite but haven't stayed at La Posa, so no direct experience... but Campendium says Verizon coverage is fine there: https://www.campendium.com/la-posa-south-ltva

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

I've been to the Las Posas BLM areas both during the peak times and also when it's been less crowded.  Service should be good until everyone arrives in January.  Then there are so many people trying to use their phones that the system simply gets overloaded ... no matter which carrier you're on.

During the peak weeks you should have good service during the off hours - early mornings and overnights.  But don't expect to do much during the day while people are up and running about.

Quartzsite's main cell tower is across the road about a half mile south of Hi Jolly, so if you really need to blast through the interference during the peak times staying at Hi Jolly or a few miles north along the parts of the Plomosa Rd. 14 day area close to Hwy 95 are your best bets.

We also have had good Verizon service at La Posa.  It sometimes gets slower during the peak of the January RV show because of being overloaded like Lou mentioned.  I think evenings are the most slow because everyone has returned to their RV after being out for the day.  Of course, we're not trying to get work done but a few others have managed to do their work while at La Posa.  Your wife might have to adjust her timing to less busy times.

ArdraF

We just got back after 12 daze in Q...Not much happening but there are a couple hundred rigs on both sides of La Posa. We had a nice spot for dry camping. Crummy thing was my inverter is out whack so the genset had about 50 hours added to it. Hot days demanded AC. Going back mid December for some Discount Solar work..kinda excited about future possibilities with Solar....After further thought there were NOT a couple hundred...more like several dozen. Ok I feel better.

Thee are several new cell sites in Q over the last several years, two are across Rome McDonalds and within easy view of the big tent and RAF view of La Post. there is another north of town just south of Plomosa, don't know what services are on any of them..

I have 3 ATT phones and a Verizon MiFi and can guarantee you the service will be terrible at least for the entire length of the show most of the day and into the late evening. I've tried several services and antennas out there with no real improvement. IMO it's the infrastructure that's taxed as much or more than the individual sites. That's a hellofalot of bandwidth that needs to be serviced during that time.

Back
Top Bottom