Domestic Fridge Recall

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

StephenM

I recently asked Thor and Ford if there wereally any recalls
On my motor home. Thor told me to contact Dometic, I was told this recall has been in place for 10 years.

It turns out my fridge is on the recall list, waiting on my dealer to source a Recall kit and was told I cannot use my fridge on Lp just before my 1st dry camp trip.

This is a lesson for me to check the Vin for recalls before buying.

No Worries. It's an easy fix. If it's the one I had done.. It's a bit larger shielding around the LP gas jet/flue area.

But like Any Recall, it has to be documented.

After you see it.... kinda makes you wana say: REALLY ?

That sounds like the same job Joe.

I am annoyed I cannot use the fridge the weekend.

StephenM said:
That sounds like the same job Joe.

I am annoyed I cannot use the fridge the weekend.

I'd call Dometic.

I don't think it's a DO NOT USE YOUR FRIDGE recall. It's one of those that [Should] be done ?

I found out about mine when the RV shop owner (worked there during his busy times)  happened to say: Oh By The Way, when you get a chance, Take what you have on you fridge off.. and replace it with this.

Can be done with a screw, and nut driver.

I spoke to Dometic this morning, they told me not to use the fridge on lp until it was fixed. The dealer said they would sort it out but not to let this interfere with my trip this weekend.

Sorry Joe I did not see your link. Can you post it again.

Your fridge has been working for years before this issue came up. One more weekend won't harm anything. The mod has little to do with gas or electric operation, it is simply the addition of sheet metal shielding and an additional temperature cutoff device to protect against overheating which can occur regardless of heat source, electric or gas but the gas operation may get a little hotter in the burner area.

Only an authorized dealer can order the parts and perform the fix, a 2 hour job for most and paid for by Dometic. Both of mine were in continuous use until the mobile tech arrived and we turned them off, did the mod and then turned on again before he left.

StephenM said:
Sorry Joe I did not see your link. Can you post it again.

There was No Link ?

What Stu said too. 30 minute fix for mine though*.

No Harm nor Foul Meant by any means, but a 2 hour labor charge ?

Like Alpha said, you've been running this fridge going 12 years and nothing has happened so if it was me, I would use it on propane.

I have only owned it since July.

I will go ahead and use it this weekend.

Spoke to the dealer, they need to check out the fridge and I may end up getting a replacement.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom