Matthew

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gwcowgill said:
Remember your MH is designed to go down the road at 80mph.
This is true but the problem is the wind will have everything that is loose turned into a missile. Broken windows are a real possibility. One reporter this morning was reminiscing about Andrew in 92. He said he was driving in Miami the day after Andrew and there was not one sign that was still up. They all turned into missiles. 

SeilerBird said:
Thanks for the reminder. I stopped and filled up my wallet this afternoon.

Keep us updated Tom as far as the power of the storm. What floor are you on and is your window facing east?

Hey Tom, I was going to invite you here but I know you could not leave your cats there by themselves and our new dog does not like cats at all. Looks like you are going to get initiated to florida life. I haven't missed a hurricane in 67 years except when I was in the Army. The only ones I remember are Donna, Charlie, Jeanne, and Frances....Its good to be inland at a time like this.

catblaster said:
Hey Tom, I was going to invite you here but I know you could not leave your cats there by themselves and our new dog does not like cats at all. Looks like you are going to get initiated to florida life. I haven't missed a hurricane in 67 years except when I was in the Army. The only ones I remember are Donna, Charlie, Jeanne, and Frances....Its good to be inland at a time like this.

Be safe Will

catblaster said:
I thought about calling you but I know you are allergic to cats so that would not work. I knew this was going to happen eventually so it is not a big deal. It is better than earthquakes which occur without warning and there is no way to run away. We gotta do breakfast next week.

Rene T said:
Keep us updated Tom as far as the power of the storm. What floor are you on and is your window facing east?
I am on the first floor and I don't know what direction I am facing but I do have a large building right next door so I feel very safe.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 58
Matthew has moved north of us with just feeder bands with gusts to 40mph. Hopefully Tom, you will receive pretty much the same. Like Catblaster, I have not missed too many hurricanes. I would have invited you down here but we didn't know what we were going to get until this morning. I only closed the shutters on the north side of the house as I knew that was the direction the wind would be coming. They are forecasting by midnight all the worst weather should be through.

gwcowgill said:
Matthew has moved north of us with just feeder bands with gusts to 40mph. Hopefully Tom, you will receive pretty much the same. Like Catblaster, I have not missed too many hurricanes. I would have invited you down here but we didn't know what we were going to get until this morning. I only closed the shutters on the north side of the house as I knew that was the direction the wind would be coming. They are forecasting by midnight all the worst weather should be through.
I thought about going down there but the poor cats would have to spend six hours each way crammed into a small cat carrier. No fun for them. But thanks for thinking of me.

Tom--If i had thought about it earlier, I would have brought Rusty down to stay with you.  With his weight, there would be no way your RV would have moved in the wind.

Glad you got to safety, Tom.

My daughter - in - Law had to drive from Tampa to Melbourne yesterday because her father had open heart surgery.  She saw him this morning and then started back across the state.  She called when she was almost home.  It had taken 7 hours!

Ron

Thanks Ron. I drove as short a route as possible. The roads are horrible. Crowded and lots of water on the road. It is raining off and on so it is basically from puddle to puddle. Not fun or safe to drive in. Glad your DIL made it safely.

We have had on and off rain all day. We are expecting the worse overnight but only at tropical storm winds. We are in our casita which is frame construction and only 7 years old. Put 2 patio chairs in our SUV and our bikes in the coach. If we lose electric, the bikes will go in the casita and we'll go in the coach. Tom, so glad you found a safe location. Everyone be safe.

My 89 year old Mom is in Daytona Beach with her 3 cats...she refused to go to a shelter...she had a home that got destroyed in 92 from hurricane Andrew. She spent the night in the bathroom with her cats and when the hurricane past the roof had blown off...I went there and could not believe the devastation...looked like a war zone...hoping nothing like that happens tomorrow...I am very worried :(

IslandGuy said:
My 89 year old Mom is in Daytona Beach with her 3 cats...she refused to go to a shelter...she had a home that got destroyed in 92 from hurricane Andrew. She spent the night in the bathroom with her cats and when the hurricane past the roof had blown off...I went there and could not believe the devastation...looked like a war zone...hoping nothing like that happens tomorrow...I am very worried :(

I hope her home now was built with the latest codes as far as hurricane standards. If not we'll pray for her safety.  I hope she realized when she decided to ride it out that the Emergency people may not be able to get to her until the hurricane passes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7mark7
Back
Top Bottom