Shaw Satellite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most likely you!! Picking up a sat signal has many variables that have to be correct before you see anything but I suspect you may be too far south to get a decent signal. It still works well in S. Florida but for how much longer remains to be seen.

Once Expressvu changed out their satellites, they could longer be picked up further than about 200 miles below the border.

DO NOT call Shaw and ask or you will risk having your service cut off.

It's been a year since I was down this way.  Last time it worked well.  I agree not to call shaw, I was just wondering if anyone on the system has a signal at this time.  Thanks for the reply

The firmware in my Shaw (WineGard Traveller portable dome) and the internal GPS stop me from operating my system almost anywhere in the US, it's uncanny how accurate the system is in knowing that I have crossed the 49th.
Fortunately we don't go down there as often now that both of us have stopped actively competing in 3D archery competitions

I hope for you it's not the same, good luck.
Geoff

.....and the internal GPS stop me from operating my system almost anywhere in the US

Never even thought of that!!! I will have to pass this on to friends of mine that have a similar system on their RV. Mine is a fixed system just like at home, no GPS, no auto tune.

That would be so easy to do with a software upgrade on an automatic system. My friends has an open faced dish with auto find, not a dome so it may (or may not) be affected. It has worked ok up to this year but they will find out in a couple of weeks as they head south for the winter.

I use Xplornet which is Shaw, it is working fine at the moment although low pressure weather systems give me grief.

I am interested in a follow up and wondering if Shaw is still available.
We will be heading to Apache Junction December 1st for the winter.
I have the old Star Choice Oval Dish, LMBs and Receivers.

The system worked 2 weeks ago in Rhode Island.

The first thing I check when not getting a signal is to check the Coax cable.
The cheap stuff you seem to get today the shield seems to corrode and wick back into the cable.

I just had to chop off 2 Foot and put new ends on it to get my set working.
The odd thing was that it would get some stations but not all.

Back
Top Bottom