Road trip #2 with the Powells

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larrypowellnc

We just completed our second long road trip of the year.  We usually only do 1 long trip a year but a family reunion in Las Vegas in June resulted in 2 long trips this year.  This one was to SoCal for Disneyland and San Diego.  As an explanation my wife and I grew up in Long Beach CA when Disneyland was a local attraction.  I hadn?t been to Disneyland in 25 years and my wife in 40 years.  We figured it was time to make the trip while we still could.  We left central NC on 9/14 and after 6 overnights we arrived in Anaheim CA on 9/20.  Our granddaughter, daughter and son-in-law flew in from PA and joined us for 3 wonderful days at Disneyland.  The kids few home on Saturday and we continued to San Diego where we spent 2 days at the San Diego Zoo.  It is still the amazing place I remember albeit a lot more $ than I remember.  Our next stop was Palm Desert CA where we visited old friends.  On to Queen Creek AZ to visit my brother and sister-in-law.  We headed home on 10/1 and 5 overnights later we arrived back home on 10/6.  It was a long (23 days and 5,400 miles) exhausting but wonderful trip.  Time to start thinking about next year?s road trip.

Sounds like a busy but fun trip. Glad it all worked out for you. I hope I can take my family on a cross country trip someday. I think it would be a great experience. Now you've got me thinking.

Dream Chasers - we stayed at the Anaheim RV Park on Midway Drive.  There is a shuttle pickup right at the park.  The shuttle is run by a separate company and costs $5 for a 3 day pass.  You can used your smart phone to check on the next pickup time.  This is an older park but well located to Disneyland.  For us it was a place to crash after Disneyland/California Adventure so we did not take advantage of any of the amenities except the free morning coffee and muffins.  We had a pull through right on Midway so there was some traffic noise but it really didn't bother us because we were so tired at the end of the day and sleep came on fast.  Oh, you can see the Disneyland fireworks from the park. 

That was a very nice park! We liked it so much we are going back in two weeks. You know we must like it to head from Pa to California to visit a clean safe and friendly park. You can see fireworks from our bedroom window.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom