odb ii Readout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

I am trying to find the odb ii port on my 2003 Winnebago Journey (Freightliner xc chassis).  I have attached a photo of the blue tooth device I am trying to plug into that port.  It has two rows of connectors in a trapezoidal plug about 1.5" long and .5" wide.  I am not 100% sure what I am looking for, and clearly can't find it.  I'm looking under the dash just left of the steering wheel shaft.  Second photo is of the mass of wires under there.  And then some other plugs.  One is labeled "data display".  What is that?  Anyone find theirs?

Attachments

• data display1.jpg
    data display1.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 23
  • wires under dash1.jpg
    wires under dash1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 17
  • unknown connector.jpg
    unknown connector.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 17
  • odbii bluetooth.jpg
    odbii bluetooth.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 17
Sailorkane said:
I am trying to find the odb ii port on my 2003 Winnebago Journey (Freightliner xc chassis).  I have attached a photo of the blue tooth device I am trying to plug into that port.  It has two rows of connectors in a trapezoidal plug about 1.5" long and .5" wide.  I am not 100% sure what I am looking for, and clearly can't find it.  I'm looking under the dash just left of the steering wheel shaft.  Second photo is of the mass of wires under there.  And then some other plugs.  One is labeled "data display".  What is that?  I've been told that the placement of the port and connector used have varied over the years until at least 2004. Anyone find theirs?

Can seem to delete this redundant post, so I'll modify it.  After reading about 50 pages of various forum posts from lots of forums, it appears that looking for the trapezoidal odpii port is futile.  They apparently put a round 9-pin data port in.  About 1.5" in diameter, above or behind or left of the brake pedal.  One guy found his under the left side foot rest.
So, 3 questions:
1)  How to remove the footrest in the 03 journey DP?  can't see any screws, but they may be buried in the carpet.
2)  Exactly where is at round data port?
3)  What is the flat connector called "data display"?  Did winnebago or freightliner put in a display of various info, like mpg, etc?  I saw one post that refered to a data display and that they had improved it in 2005.  Is this the connector for it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom