Bad socket connections for keyboard backlit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

judway

I took my Dell L501X laptop computer in to the computer repair shop to get the power jack replaced. When I picked it up the jack was replaced and OK, but the technician told me that the socket which supplied the signals to the keyboard back light had dissolved and he couldn't repair it. Can anybody describe what might be the problem and how I can fix it? I miss the lighted keys!! Thanks!!

On the early XPS laptops there were two ribbon cables - one for data and the other for the light circuit. Not sure what the guy meant by "dissolved" unless he dissolved it. There nothing that could happen accidentally that would dissolve one tiny receptacle and not a dozen more. Perhaps he or someone mangled the receptacle - it's a surface mount component measured in mm, it wouldn't take much trauma to hurt it.

I purchased a new DELL and can use it to find out how to get the old one apart and find what the problem is. The new one will get me the information I need as soon as I figure out how to transfer all of the old computer information to the new one. Right now I have too many things going on, Thanks for your input.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sandlers
Back
Top Bottom