EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: New Grinder Here! Anyone Else?  (Read 682 times)

Ernie n Tara

• ---
  • Life is Good - Together
New Grinder Here! Anyone Else?
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:39:31 AM »
Hi,
We've recently been converted to grinding and brewing our own Coffee at home. The difference is truely amazing. Where I was a confirmed user of sweeteners,  I no longer use them at home (so far I've only found one restaurant Coffee I can drink black without sweetner).
After trying several different Coffee's, we've settled on an Amazon sourced Costa Rican Coffee: Java Planet dark roast. Any other grinders here? And, if so, what do you grind?

Ernie
Ernie 'n Tara

2011 Winn Journey 34y
2012 Jeep Rubicon - Dozer (orange - kinda)
2006 Jeep Wrangler

Corky

• ---
Re: New Grinder Here! Anyone Else?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
We ground our coffee for several years and loved it. Purchased one of those automatic grinder/brewers that could be programmed to suit your needs. It was great to wake up to fresh ground and brewed coffee at 4am. And the bonus was that I could throw out the alarm clock because the grinder would sit you upright from a sound sleep. ;)

Corky
'05 Itasca Meridian 36G
15 Jeep Wrangler Orange toad
'86 Suzuki Samurai Camo dirt toad

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 12:35:47 PM »
We do at home and have a little coffee machine that makes proper espresso. We buy Illy coffee beans.
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

8th May to 30th October 2017 - Touring Western US

Arch Hoagland

• ---
  • Clovis CA
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 04:42:42 PM »
We grind our in a Cuisinart coffee maker with a timer.

We experiment with different beans...some of our grocery stores have dispensers so you can get just a small amount of the beans to experiment and  try them out. 

We use Sam's Club "Morning Blend" for our morning coffee and then use experimental beans in the afternoon.

We also use a Keurig K-cup machine for various hot drinks.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36 DBD
W22, 8.1 gas,  Allison 1000 Transmission
7.1 MPG over 80,000 miles

2000 Lexus RX300, 4020lb
U.S. Gear Braking System

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 06:38:54 PM »
I drink a lot of coffee.. Less I order it on-line finding whole bean here is ... Not easy... (This is RED country, both Red Neck and Political and true Red Necks don't do coffee... they do the other stuff I can't stand, YOu know, Hold my drink and WATCH THIS... I mean the old TV show Dukes of Hazard were always going to Jessup.  Well that's just down the road).

So I have not found a container of whole bean and I've looked.

But when I get back north, The low-cost store brand, fresh ground, beats the expensive stuff.

True story: For most of 3 years I took care of the coffee service for my daughter's extra-curricular orchestra she played in. Between the Two Orchesteras, (Symphony and Philharmonic) and the assorted ensembles.. (Flute and strings) around 200 students and of course lots and lots of parents at "Intermission"   Well, one day, we had rehersal followed by the concert.... I went to the store and got fresh ground "Breakfast Blend" (They sell it whole bean and grind it while you wait).

Normally I'd do one pot of coffee and have leftovers... Did 3 and ran out.  20 something cups per pot.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 06:46:36 PM by John From Detroit »
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

dverstra

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2016, 10:19:05 AM »
We grind Jamaica Blue Mountain Blend
http://www.javaboulevard.com/magnum-exotics/jamaica-blue-mountain-blend-2lb/

A further suggestion: Look up French Pressed coffee. It is a world of difference.
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Grandville, MI
FMCA 431519
RPCV Sierra Leone

Hosted by Over The Network