New Grinder Here! Anyone Else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

Hi,
We've recently been converted to grinding and brewing our own Coffee at home. The difference is truely amazing. Where I was a confirmed user of sweeteners,  I no longer use them at home (so far I've only found one restaurant Coffee I can drink black without sweetner).
After trying several different Coffee's, we've settled on an Amazon sourced Costa Rican Coffee: Java Planet dark roast. Any other grinders here? And, if so, what do you grind?

Ernie

We ground our coffee for several years and loved it. Purchased one of those automatic grinder/brewers that could be programmed to suit your needs. It was great to wake up to fresh ground and brewed coffee at 4am. And the bonus was that I could throw out the alarm clock because the grinder would sit you upright from a sound sleep. ;)

Corky

We do at home and have a little coffee machine that makes proper espresso. We buy Illy coffee beans.

We grind our in a Cuisinart coffee maker with a timer.

We experiment with different beans...some of our grocery stores have dispensers so you can get just a small amount of the beans to experiment and  try them out. 

We use Sam's Club "Morning Blend" for our morning coffee and then use experimental beans in the afternoon.

We also use a Keurig K-cup machine for various hot drinks.

I drink a lot of coffee.. Less I order it on-line finding whole bean here is ... Not easy... (This is RED country, both Red Neck and Political and true Red Necks don't do coffee... they do the other stuff I can't stand, YOu know, Hold my drink and WATCH THIS... I mean the old TV show Dukes of Hazard were always going to Jessup.  Well that's just down the road).

So I have not found a container of whole bean and I've looked.

But when I get back north, The low-cost store brand, fresh ground, beats the expensive stuff.

True story: For most of 3 years I took care of the coffee service for my daughter's extra-curricular orchestra she played in. Between the Two Orchesteras, (Symphony and Philharmonic) and the assorted ensembles.. (Flute and strings) around 200 students and of course lots and lots of parents at "Intermission"  Well, one day, we had rehersal followed by the concert.... I went to the store and got fresh ground "Breakfast Blend" (They sell it whole bean and grind it while you wait).

Normally I'd do one pot of coffee and have leftovers... Did 3 and ran out.  20 something cups per pot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom