First Time Winterizing/Storing...in an Underground Mine. Advice sought.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steelmooch

Hello, everyone...and thanks for your time and feedback. 

We're soon to winterize/store our TT for the first time.  We live in an area of Western PA with very quirky winter weather...the freeze/thaw cycle is becoming increasingly wild.  We've had everything from "fully leafed out deciduous trees in early March" to "polar vortex patterns with -10F temps and -47F wind chills". 

We found a facility nearby that used to be a limestone mine, but is now used to store boats/RVs/cars/etc. 

I'm pretty sure that we want to store our TT there over the winter instead of subjecting it to 4 months of freeze/thaw. 

The cost is reasonable, and reviews are positive. 

I was wondering, so that I can set my expectations accordingly...has anyone ever done this before? 

Would you still bother with a cover for your TT?  At 52 degrees inside the mine, it wouldn't be necessary to fully "winterize", but would you still do anything besides completely drain everything?  Damp-Rid for the inside?  Some kind of pest-repellant that would neither cause rotting rodents inside (poison) nor make the inside of the TT smell bad? 

Any other considerations?  Thanks! 

Used to store my 40' Bounder in a mine in PA when I lived there. Worked well, but a pretty humid environment. You'll want a couple dehumidifier buckets inside. Super handy to be able just go get the rig to take advantage of a nice weekend without worrying about dewinterizing/rewinterizing.

Wondering if this is the same place I used, just east of Butler, PA:

http://bradysbend.com

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubytuesday
Back
Top Bottom